Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial pressure

Options
  • 02-09-2021 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi everyone, so I’m kind of hitting a brick wall here. I currently have a full time job as a courier driver. I bring in maybe 450 after tax. My wife brings in less than half that as she’s full time at home with the kids. I want to better myself financially because we are living week to week and not having any room for saving. I’m stuck in a sense I want to earn more money so I can save money up for the truck licence as it’s a better paying job and I love driving. Anyway my current job I start at 8 and home between 5-6 o clock in the evening. So I’m thinking maybe a part time job in the evening from 7-8pm to 12-1am but I’m lost as I don’t know what exactly is available. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I’m trying to better myself.

thanks I’m advance

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Perhaps fast food delivery would suit if the van is yours, I know Dominos were looking for people in Dublin recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Delivery take away driver. Get a busy place there's good money in it as a second job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dobskidd

didnt think that kind of job would bring in good enough money thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Is the courier job five days a week or six?

Working 8 to 17:00 to 18:00 and then planning an evening job from 20:00 to 00:00 or 1:00 am will take a toll on you physically and mentally.

If you are currently doing a 5 day week then I would look to do part time work on a Saturday or Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Definitely a weekend job is the way to go. Although you love driving, maybe a different type of part time would be easier if it was different and only a short term thing.

• Advertisement

Yeah definitely a short term thing until I save up enough to get the job I want. I want to do it quickly and efficiently as possible so I won’t have to work 2 jobs. I have a small family which I would like to spend the weekends with them you know. It’s tough finding a balance too 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

What county do you live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

A cousin of mine worked in a factory full time and did part time bar work. He was single at the time which was easier but the difference in the jobs helped him.

I’m in Newcastlewest county limerick. Iv been thinking about the bar work but it’s quite difficult to find something other than a Saturday night. Bars are struggling since the pandemic, it seems the owners are doing all the hours they can to cut costs. But I will give it a goZ

Advertisement