Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭ micks_address

Hi folks,

listed my just serviced speedmaster for sale

on adverts

cheers,

mick

Also listing my Omega Aqua Terra for sale. second time I’ve owned this reference. My first one cycling bought. This one has a recent service so a bit more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭ 893bet

My old AT. I almost bought it back when C was selling but I had got rid of all the NATO’, leather and rubber for the watch at that point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,076 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

A very nice watch indeed. @micks_address - the Rolex Explorer I is similar enough in style and not a huge step up (except of course it's a Rolex 🤣). As Fitz suggested a few days ago, I found it a bit underwhelming. And I was looking for an understated watch. Changed my mind very quickly on that, it was gone 4-5 weeks later.

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

Thanks I’ll see how I go with the sales. I’m not sold on anything yet. The two omega and seiko compliment each other pretty well to

• Advertisement

The AT is a watch with a lot more going for it. Better dial. And well finished movement. Lacking the history and the wrong name on the dial. I see the explorer as at best a sideways step.

39mm OP in rhodium or blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭ banie01

I was actually going to post similar re: this.

If the choice for me was the AT or an Explorer? I'd keep the AT, the only downside to the AT when looking at it versus the Explorer is the lack of "Rolex" on the dial.

It's a very attractive watch IMO.

Yeah. I think most have more character than a sterile explorer. And cheaper than Subs and most datejust. 114300 easily available at 6.5k con c24 from dealers. Which means 6k might be possible.

• Advertisement

Gonna get a bit more expensive for the new 41mm ones. Not a huge fan of the double indices on the new ones. Looks cheap IMO.

In either case it’s only a stepping stone and if you buy anyway right you can sell again at little to no loss in the short terms and turn a few quid if you hold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ scwazrh

I recently sold my 39mm Rhodium OP for €6100 the lad that bought it then got the red 39mm for €6700 he’s going for the full set when he finds a blue .I think the new 41mm is far nicer on the wrist plus it has the 5mm extension which is a more basic version of the glidelock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,076 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

Totally agree, but the 41mm are very desirable and go for way above retail. Would love to try on the turquoise myself, but would probably like most of them. Green and navy should be very good too, a bit more conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭ CalamariFritti

The most gorgeous watch. A lot of style and class. But most days I prefer something a little more understated and also a little slimmer. And I dont have the kind of money to keep a 3k watch in the drawer to come out once or twice a year. Sadly. But definitely the most beautiful watch I ever owned. Good luck with sale Mick. Shouldn't be a problem the condition its in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭ Lorddrakul

I need to liquidate my Breitling Aerospace Titanium, if anyone is interested.

Full set, outer box, inner box, hang tag and all papers, for a 2006 F75362 Aerospace Titantium two tone (gold accents). On a bullet style bracelet (one spare link) with comfort clasp, but also comes with branded Breitling black leather strap and monogrammed buckle.

€1600 to the great unwashed, €1400 to anyone of this parish. Collection in Dublin 15.

Will do up a proper ad but if anyone is interested, let me know.

Listing my G-SHOCK on adverts.. fund raising for a good cause (not a good cause)

all metal legend of steel edition

https://www.adverts.ie/24756542

Any decision yet on which Rolex the newly freed cash is going ?

Leaning towards a datejust 41mm blue dial on jubilee. Bit away yet from one. I emailed keanes the other day and they said 6 to 12 months wait for one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭ Fitz II

Yep I am very interested to see which way Mick goes on this...as a fanboi i feel no bad decisions possible....this is the classic progression an my guess is 41mm op.

• Advertisement

Blue dial models seem to be very hard to get .

I emailed Weirs and Keanes for navy dial 41 OP. Weirs haven’t answered and Keanes said “We are currently prioritising, in the first instance, those who are currently or intend to become regular clients of Keane's.”

I take that to mean how much will you spend first or a No.Either way my name didn’t get onto the “expressions of interest list “

Cheapest blue OP41 in the EU on chrono is €7500. That's not an outrageous premium over retail at €5650. Might negotiate a few hundred off too.

That’s from a private seller -

Is it safe buying from private sellers on chrono? I always assume with a dealer there’s a better chance of the deal going through without issues and normally exclude private sellers from my search

Yes it is perfectly safe to buy from a private seller on chrono24. Pay through chrono and they will keep the money in escrow. You receive the watch, bring it to the likes of Weirs if you like to verify the watch is legit (and pay them €250 of your hard earned for a tiny bit of work 😂) and when you are happy with it, let chrono know and then they will release the money to the seller.

Full ad for the 2006 40mm Breitling Aerospace Titanium now online, if anyone is interested. As mentioned, substantial discount for anyone of this parish.

Don't really want to sell this, as it was always an aspiration piece for me. However, needs must when the devil rides.

Is this really how it happens though? Do you have to tell c24 release the funds?

Or is it that the seller enters the tracking info and once it is down as delivered and signed for (is the buyer supposed to check it’s on and reject if not) that the funds are released?

I do the same as S and exclude private sales also from C24 when doing a search.

No, the whole process is managed by the system.

You advertise, the buyer contacts you. They make a bid, you can bargain and accept a bid you are happy with. Through the system, you make a binding offer with shipping. You get a notification to say funds received and in escrow.

You send the piece, and provide tracking details through the system. Buyer receives and confirms. They confirm they are happy and funds are transfered via SEPA.

I've sold two watches this way and had absolutely no hassle whatsoever. Now, one was €400 odd and the other €1200, but still good trial runs for anything of serious value.

Yeah when i bought i had to click 'delivered' on their website before the funds were released. I guess i could have taken my time and brought to a jewelers for verification but i didnt need to. The only challenges ive seen is arguments over condition - few people on tz have said they didnt get a watch in the condition advertised but that seems to be sorted out pretty quickly

Doing a clearout as I'm moving into the mancave.

Watch winder display box for winding 4 and storing / displaying an additional 6 watches

Also found a Seiko box with booklet and bracelet. I can't for the life of me remember what that was from. It could be genuine or it could have come with a fake that someone sold me. No idea. Anyway free to a good home if you can collect from me in Lucan. If anyone can see from the pictures that this is a fake, I will gladly just bin it

• Advertisement

hi folks - have an offer of 3800 on this from chrono24... id let it go for 3600 or a little less if anyone interested locally.. save on fees and postage.

Advertisement