Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whitethorn, Naas, Co Kildare

• 28-05-2021 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi All,

Thought it might be useful to start a thread on this new development in Naas. I’ve just put down a booking deposit myself and house supposed to be ready in November/December.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Deedee21

We are just about to close on a house in the development also. Should be moved in sometime in July. The development looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KaiserSochez

Deedee21 wrote: »
    We are just about to close on a house in the development also. Should be moved in sometime in July. The development looks lovely.

Congrats and agreed! Got my first photos today and it’s looking very sharp.

How long was yours from signing contracts to an intended July close? Covid probably impacted?

Theres actually a slight delay with getting the ESB out to connect up the meters so still awaiting a call to snag th house. Hoping to hear in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gin_k

Hi!

I was also given an estimated completion date of November/December. Wondering how likely or otherwise that will be. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was given an October completion date or was everyone just told November/December?

Whitethorn Place looks almost ready for snagging. I hope DeeDee hasn't been waiting since June for that row.

Does anyone know if there was much snagging to do? Looking forward to being your neighbour!😆

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sarahlouwho

Hi guys,

We've also bought a house due to be ready November/December, I did email last week to see if this is still the case and they confirmed it is still on their November schedule for completion! Although I do know someone who was due to get their home last month, it was delayed a month and has now been delayed another month! I think due to the roads not being ready more so than the house!

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly!

• Advertisement

Hi Gin_k

We were scheduled to move in the end of June and we actually moved in in the last week in July, the ESB was giving as the reason for hold up.

I live on the crescent so whitethorn place is just behind me and I've seen all the hoarding come down yesterday so snagging will be soon id imagine, there was very little on our snag, the houses are done to a really good finish.

Good luck with the move and I might see you around when you're in 😁

Hi Sarah

Hopefully your in when they say you should be, just before Christmas would be nice 😃

We were delayed a month on the crescent due to the esb been delayed.

When we snagged it all went very fast then, very little on the snag list, the guys are extremely fast at fixing the snags, I think mine were done within 2 days 😁

All the best with the move 😁

D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dr Marvell

Hello All.We have bought a house on Whitethorn row.We have been told snagging should be mid september to end of september.Has anyone bought on that part of the development?any updates on snagging?

Hi Dr Marvell,

I'm not on Whitethorn Row, but this is what it looked like this evening. I'd say Mid September is likely for you.

I hope things go well with you. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andrea.vp

Hi All,

my partner and I are trying to get our hands in one of the properties for the next stage that they are announcing in daft. I’ve registered my interest but with other developments it looks like that is not enough to get a house! Any advice, contact or experiences to help us out please?

would really appreciate some feedback!

thanks,

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Red87

Hi all, and soon to be neighbours.

We are waiting on a house in Whitethorn Way, we were given a completion of October/ November initially.

Speaking with them recently and we’ve been told everything is going to plan, snagging is expected to be mid October, and that can take up to 21 days at max from snag to completion so it’s looking early November… If not sooner.

We were over yesterday to have a look and it looks great.

Hi Andrea,

I would advise getting onto both estate agents and keep in touch with them. We registered our interest in January, offered from phase 2 around Feb but refused due to house orientation, and got exactly what we wanted in phase 3 that was in Apr then.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coil1985

Hi all,

Just curious but how long did it take for the contracts to be returned from the developers once you had signed them? We are currently waiting two weeks.

We also purchased a house on Whitehorn Way.

e

We signed our contacts in May and only received them back from the venders solicitor this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coil1985

Hi Deedee,

Thanks so much for the info, all good to know! Have you moved in now?

Would you mind me asking who you went with for your snag? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tcan

Hi there!

Same here - got one in Whitethorn Avenue and they've said November/December as well.

Congrats! The development seems to be coming along nicely as per photos and comments above.

Btw…Keep dropping the progress photos if you have peeps….be nice to look back in the future and see how the development took shape!

I’m not around to take any snaps unfortunately but living vicariously through the ones posted 👍🍻

Evening All,

Some updated photos attached for anyone who haven't been out in a while. The first is the new stone wall along the bottom of Whitethorn Place. It looks fantastic.

Whitethorn Row

Whitethorn Way

Whitethorn Avenue

• Advertisement

Super Gin_k! So would that first photo be where Whitethorn Place meets Whitethorn Court/Rathasker Lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Neil_z

Almost there!

Hi

Yeah, moved in towards the end of July, im on the crescent, just in front of the little green, 3 kids so it's ideal.

We went with Dublin Snag list, he's very detailed and came in at around 225 euro which is very reasonable.

Hope you get sorted

Dean

Hi, yes it is! No. 1 whitethorn Court looks ready to snag and 2 and 3 don't seem too far behind. They are flying it out there.

For anyone on Whitethorn Row, your electricity meters went in today....getting very close to finish line now.

We're the Avenue too 🤗 they're coming along great! Won't be long now! 🤞

Photos from this evenings walk

We had a snag date for mid September on whitethorn row But have now been advised that snag Electricity connection will be delayed.snag date likely to be moved out to November.Any ideas on how long these delays usually take with ESB

We were delayed about 4/5 weeks, reason giving was ESB connection also.

I was told the ESB will only connect 6 meters at any one time, crazy its the same story with you. Hopefully you get sorted, nothing worse waiting around

D

Not a good sign at all.We have been told to expect a new snag date next week Friday but I am hoping the delay won’t be too long.Thanks for the info

• Advertisement

Oh no! How awful for you. It just complicates everything from storage to renting to triggering mortgage approval deadlines.

I was told mid October to early November but I assume if you are pushed out 6 weeks everyone else will be too.

I understand they can't control ESB but these delays have been happening for months so they should be more aware of the knock implications and not be giving out false dates to everyone.

Advertisement