Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2021 Round 12: Belgian Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭micks_address

Is there a start time? Won’t be home for 45 minutes. Thought I’d missed race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

Looking at the weather radar I would think top of the hour there will be a possibility for 1 hour before the next blob of rain.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Someone tell the safety car to turn off its wipers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd say if there was a yacht near by Kimi would be gone home by now

What's the point in being annoyed by something that's already happened?

If a road is closed after an accident you're allowed to be annoyed that you're going to be late getting home even if it's unavoidable. Some people have the subtlety of thought and emotion to feel more than one feeling at once.

"Who are they to be peeved at?", Christ, it's like a 12 year old who saw a YouTube video on logic. If a family member dies I'm going to be sad, maybe there'll be anger at some point. But what's the point, who is it aimed at? Why feel like that? What does it achieve? Nonsense.

€200 for a ticket, €200 for travel, €400 for accommodation, €200 for 3 days of food, drink and little bit of merch. There's a grand per person straight away without being particularly lavish. But I'm sure you'll come back and say that you know someone who did it for 200 quid all in and had the best weekend ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I was at the Irish launch of the Jordan 191 as my Da worked for the 7up importer, always nice to see it running again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Just saw Russle sitting up on a railing with a significant drop behind him.

In this day and age of health and safety I'm surprised that's okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

https://wexfordtoday.com/2021/03/31/formula-one-coming-to-wexford-town/ this is surely a wind up that proposed circuit would put macau to shame.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭micks_address

Anyone have an update on cut off times etc for running a race today or what will happen points wise if they can’t race today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭quokula

That poster is a troll who replies to everything with aggressive insults, I wouldn’t waste your time replying to them.

The race leader agreed with what I said, the medical car driver has said the grip isn’t too bad, Martin Brundle is also of the opinion that they should have got running. Nobody disagreed that there was enough grip, simply that visibility was an issue - something that would have cleared up a lot after a few laps running and clearing the line, and which is avoidable if the drivers keep to a safe distance, as they have in many many wet races through history. As I type this Karyn Chandhok is saying the same thing about how it’s no wetter than other races they’ve run in.

At least they’ve made a sensible decision to suspend the silly three hour rule, even if that makes a mockery of the rule existing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Look at the date on the article. Somebody released it a day early I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

At this rate the race is going to be live on Channel 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I'd gathered that but when bernie is mentioned hard to know if its satire or real from him 😂

They can run for an hour. Sunset is just before 7.30 our time, with cloudy skies I would guess they'd have to stop around 6.45. There's no provision for racing tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Check the date, guessing it was published a couple of hours early.

C’mon let’s get racing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Christ on a bike now your going with different emotions with someone dieing and you call me a 12 year old. I will put my hands up in relation to the money as I forgot travel and staying at the place. As for annoyed for a road closed due an accident no I would not be annoyed my first thought would be hope all are okay. My second would be I hope I do not get lost on the detour as happened recently happened. Your original post was very angry punter and me and another poster was angry at who. That was all. My half a second was not meant as literal put it seems you took it as so. I am sure they all want the race to go ahead and I am sure there will be calls for some refund but awfully angry no I doubt must will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Wonder why they're not sending the SC out - the whole "can't get back in front of the field" argument is kinda silly, it can either reverse through the pit exit or just, in case they had to start, wait outside of the pitlane for the F1 cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

At this stage what's the point of getting 10 laps in

There could probably get 20 in but there will more than likely be a crash and a safety car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ricimaki

10 Minutes!

10 minutes people 10 minutes. All on extreme tyres

One other rule that they really need to look at since they're so big on "safety" is allowing cars to change tyres without penalty under a red flag. If it's raining a bit and starts absolutely pissing down only an idiot (in race terms) will pit for full wets because they all know that realistically there'll be a red flag coming and they don't want to lose track position for either a restart or final classification.

No points or trophies should be awarded for a race held completely behind the safety car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,337 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The back and forth between the two teams Twitter accounts was great.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Wonder what the conversations between Mercedes and Russell are like before the restart.

Will he try and finish the race as high as possible or will he do a Bottas.

(EDIT: Derp :L)

After the last year and a half and you've taken one precious summer weekend and it's been blown then I can fully understand people being very annoyed. I don't expect "trouble" and if it was me I'd be away with shoulders sitting fairly low. "Safety" is such a cop-out argument that exists purely to shut down dissent in many cases. If safety is so paramount they wouldn't be driving around Spa at 220mph in the dry either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Can't see any actual racing just a few laps behind the SC, but let's see.

• Advertisement

The weather isn’t any different than it was at the original time, they’ve really achieved nothing other than make the fans wait around in the cold and guarantee the race can’t run to a full distance.

I predict that if the safety car does pull in they’ll all be on intermediates within a few laps.

That doesn't sit right with me

How can they award points and trophies when a race doesn't happen

I'll guess they'll let them go for a couple of laps, someone will have a little tip and the usual suspects will clutch their pearls and the race will be called.

The spray still looks pretty bad

Worse if anything. Race could've been done and dusted in better conditions by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Waste of time, Game over.

Mazepin with the fastest lap just to further confuse things.

That's it done

May have lost a fan with me today, awarding points and podiums without any racing is wrong

shock horror that this is the outcome.

Looks like it’s significantly worse now than it was at the original start. Hard to see them racing now, looks like they wasted the opportunity to run the race unfortunately.

• Advertisement

What's the point in not running behind the safety car for now? There'll be a 10 minute warning before any more possible running as well. **** clown show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pointless starting that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

They had to restart to get the two laps in.

This was an utter farce today and I’ve been a fan of F1 for years but this is rubbish. And I’m for safety and not taking any chances but even I’m annoyed as how F1 handled this and how their actions made a crap day even worse.

Maybe aswell just give them half points now and let everyone go home

Safety is not a cop out come one for anything and you now seem to want to have a b%&^h and a moan. So we should just simple do away with any safety protocols for everything. They have loads of safety standards some times they are just so bad it can not happen. Hell listening to Sky there it is too cold for the brakes to work properly

Edit Also if they have been there a full weekend they got 2 good days. I am sorry for those people I truly am and I hope they get something back for today but sometimes a bigger picture has to be looked at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Trampas

Makes the result a farce. Send them out so they can get a classification. Should be at least 2 racing laps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭barryribs

God bless Lewis flying around on the scooter, there isnothing like seeing a man in his mid thirties desperately clinging to his youth

Lack of clarity is a huge issue. If it was too wet earlier and it was raining harder then they're just being arseholes getting the 2 laps in. Hell, people still wouldn't be happy but at least run them around behind the SC, might get a retirement or 2. Or cancel and put it back to tomorrow. The teams are gone from a circuit the night of the race and usually set up from Wednesday night before the next one. It's a 4 hour spin to Zandvoort. Track personnel would be the hardest issue to address, I'm sure there's a decent pool of marshals who could rock up tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What for? To award points after no racing? Why bother, no points would be a fairer reflection.

Agreed on needing a faster SC, slightly modified GT3 car would be far better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement