Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood of Zeus - Netflix

Options
  • 28-08-2021 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Gave a quick search but couldn't find any existing thread.

Animated show from Netflix. Jason O'Mara (Irish, was in The Man in the High Castle Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) and Jessica Henwick (Colleen Wing in Netflix Marvel shows, gonna be in new Matrix film and show) are in it from the start

Get the feeling I'm about to get schooled in some Ancient Greek Mythos 🙂

Trailer:

"In a brewing war between the gods of Olympus and the titans, Heron, a commoner living on the outskirts of ancient Greece, becomes mankind's best hope of surviving an evil demon army, when he discovers the secrets of his past."

Episode 1: Seems to be setting the scene and background fairly well. Liked how they did

the Aries appearance and had me second guessing what was about to happen. Didn't know yer man was Zeus so didn't think he was safe enough. All the same the episode so far had me knowing the shape was of one of the Gods and they shouldn't be attacking people..

Post edited by Slydice on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

These episodes are short. Feel close to just about 20 mins each.

2: So Heron

is the son of Zeus and an immortal. Probably I'll be thinking of the Roman Hercules as this goes along then. Think he's the son of an Ancient God and a mortal that I'd remember closest.

Was kinda cool there at the end

how they revealed the 3 headed dog.. I wonder will watchers be divided into those thinking Cerberus and those thinking Fluffy!! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Finished! Overall well made, very violent series based on Greek Mythology.

I'd say it could be binged in 2 halves. Episode 1-4 and then 5-8.

1-4: Damn that was some big head wreck

with the family connections and the mother dying and then it brother killing the mother story 😱

5-8: Parts of this felt like they trudged along but they did seem to serve the story to explain the world and develop the characters. Then the end episode

battle with the Humans, Demons, Giants and God.. seemed to tie it all together. The foreboding of the giants was huge for me and then .. then.. well then the show delivered. The Giants were mad powerful. I don't remember seeing some of those powers before. Like the floating giant whose wings absorbed people!

I checked wiki and it says the creators have ideas for 5 seasons:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_of_Zeus

not sure if they'll get another though.. the show has great ratings (7.5 imdb and 100%critics / 81%audience RT) but I've heard very little about it so it might not be generating enough buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It was good. But out of all the animated series on Netflix, I think Castlevania is the only one that had any buzz. Yet others have had multiple seasons such as Voltron, Dragon Prince and She-Ra. So I'd say this could get more. Looking at the release date it feels longer ago than October.

Advertisement