Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2.3 software update

Options
  • 28-08-2021 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Well I've got my update dunno if it was just rolled out or cos I sent that email to VW.

I don't notice any real difference,but prefered the previous background/theme.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Go on. Tell us about how scheduled charging still doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

Oh but it do..........

Reliably charges to about 76% or so......lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Interestingly, there is a new version of the app (v1.20.0) out in the last day or so (at least on iOS anyway) and it has a whole new section for managing location based charging.

It also has a new setting, that isnt in the car, which is an activation time for the location based charging.

i.e. If the car is at this location at time X the rest of the settings (SoC, preferred times etc) are activated.

The whole thing still doesnt work but my guess is that the app has been released first in advance of a new OTA update being sent to the car, which will fix it and get it in sync with the app features. That additional setting seems to be key to the whole location based charging.

When will the car update come is still unknown but I bet its not long away since they have released the updates for the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

So now we get a whole new thread for every software update VW is coming up with and plenty of stuff still not working? 😂

I guess Diess was honest and not far off the mark when he said last year that VW was 4 years behind Tesla. Looks like this gap is growing rather than VW catching up. Apologies, bit of Schadenfreude. I honestly hope and believe VW is getting better and better and that their brave jump into EV only will pay off. Plenty of other incumbents that are not so brave will be left behind and probably die.

Advertisement