Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car do you most commonly see broken down?

Options
  • 28-08-2021 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭

Either on the side of the road or up on a tow truck?

For me it has to be the Opel Insignia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

Snap, freshpopcorn, I was going to say the exact same!

I also see a good few Land Rover Discovery's and relatively new ones aswell!

Also a fair few Renaults /Citroën wouldn't know the models, but in fairness they tend to be older cars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

land rover/range rover are famous for their unreliability.

worst in this list too, by an eyewatering margin (the gap between first and second last is 11.1%, and the gap between second last and last is nearly the same).

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2020-what-car-reliability-survey-brands/n20069

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

I must admit I have a little chuckle when I see the broken down Land Rover and think imagine spending 100 grand on a car that doesnt even work!

Hope that doesn't mean I'm evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭HerrKapitan

I mostly see BMW or Audi, but I think it has a lot to do with a specific motor centre being nearby where they are being transported to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Pal of mine in the towing business, and it's Discoverys, Range Rovers, and VAG cars, mostly under a year old, they seem to sort out the problems after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,106 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Funny its a thing not seen as much as you used to, which I assume means most cars are getting more reliable over time?

I have seen 3 cars on the back of a breakdown truck in maybe the last 12 months. IIRC they were an Insignia, a BMW and an Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bmw

i don't whether there broken down, or is it travelling salesmen/businessmen taking important calls/emails on the side of the road😐️

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The Australians have a saying. If you want to go into the Outback, take a Landrover. If you want to come back, take a Landcruiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Poorly maintained ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Water2626262

Re Land Rover I find you do see a lot of older models parked up with collapsed air suspension.

• Advertisement
Advertisement