Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Oh shocked by this.

15 Storeys High was excellent and I loved his deadpan humour and delivery.

RIP

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh that's stunned me, cats does countdown has been a great show for me over lockdown with him being my favourite as poster above says his delivery and deadpan manner were brilliant RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Very sad, loved him on 8 out of 10 cats.

Didn't know he had cancer, RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,292 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wow. That's an absolute shocker. RIP. He was always incredibly funny on all the Cats shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭SteM

So sad to hear about Sean Lock's passing, he was always great on 8 Out Of 10 Cats. There was a time on a few of those shows a year or so back when he didn't look or sound well, I remember my wife mentioning it when we were watching. 58 is no age at all. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Shocked to hear of Sean Lock's passing. Always great on Cats does Countdown. 58 is no age. RIP to him and F Cancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ah very sad. I thought he was excellent. As mentioned, loved his delivery and his type of humour.

From EOOTCDC - Not from his stand up, but funny. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

That's knocked me, loved Sean's humour and attitude.

Didn't look well at all on the last few Cats Does Countdowns but was hoping it wasn't long-term serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Really shocked about Sean. Had no idea he was ill. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Ah Man

This is a tough one. Sean Lock was a really funny guy - a genuine and unique wit. Stood head and shoulders above the general dross on those panels shows. So sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

He was an effortlessly funny man.

• I remember a few years ago watching 8OOTC and thinking that he had gotten very skinny and his hair looked brittle.

Easily one of the funniest comedians out of Britain. RIP

☹️ RIP Sean Lock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,637 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Absolutely gutted to hear Sean lock has passed away, one of my favorite comedians on tv

A star on 8 out of 10 cats does count down, comedy really lost one of the funniest guys around

Horrible day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

One of the funniest sharpest comedians out there. I was always glad to see Sean on something cause you knew you'd get some good laughs regardless of who else was there. Loved his standup as well.

RIP Sean.

This news is certainly a challenging wank.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭larchielads

Ah lads only heard. he was the best thing about that show. Heard him on our local radio station WLRfm a few years back doing a phone interview. Came across very well too when not trying to be funny. Rip Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

RIP just watching some clips of him now and I'm howling with laughter he carried 8 out of 10 cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭DJ_Eoghan

I found him hit and miss, but when he did hit, they were crackers. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭French Toast

Both himself and Jon Richardson carried a lot of 8ootc.

Very surprised to hear of his passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭DJ_Eoghan

I found him hit and miss, but when he did hit, they were crackers. I was only watching that carrot in a box clip last night. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

While a lot of those comedy panel shows ran their course, to the extent I would hardly watch them any more and got increasingly annoyed at some of the regulars, Sean Lock was the exception. A naturally funny man. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I basically got to know Sean Lock, like a lot of people, from 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown. I think I did see a bit of his stand-up as well. He was an effortlessly funny man. This is disparately sad. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Sean Lock beat the cancer many years ago, but it came back with a vengeance. I think he knew well over a year ago and instead of hiding away, he went out on a limb and became funnier.

Always one for the "would love to have a pint with" list. Genuinely funny, genuinely decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow that is a shock, Thank you for the laughs Sean, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭PogoRach

Very sad to hear about Sean Lock, been used to constantly seeing him on TV for the last 16 years. A very quick-witted and funny individual, he'll be greatly missed.

Rest In Peace Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I actually cannot believe that this guy is dead. This is desperately sad news.

I had watched Sean Lock on a few episodes of 8 out of 10 does Countdown over the years. I had also watched him Jimmy Carr hosted one of the episodes of Cats does Deal or No Deal for Stand Up to Cancer a few years ago. He was an extremely funny guy who had me in stitches whenever he mentioned one of his jokes on the show.

RIP Sean. 😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

So saddened by this. He was a painfully funny man.

painfully funny is really accurate. Claudia Winkleman was on his team once and she had to beg him to stop because she was laughing so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

Genuinely shocked about Sean Locks death, when he was on form he was brilliantly funny.

Theres one line from Cats Does Countdown that I’ve always remembered and makes me laugh every time. Jimmy asks Sean if there was one thing he’s like to change about himself. Sean pauses and the completely deadpan says ‘I think I’d like to be a less giving lover’ (or words to that affect). Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

apt clip - RIP Sean thanks for the many laughs:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

He was always brilliant on all his panel shows, also Sean Lock's Sitcom '15 Storeys High' is a gem, it went under the radar but it is painfully funny in places.

RIP Sean, I thought he would be making us laugh for many more years. it really has not sunk in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Apparently he was terminal. Had checked into a hospice, so he knew the time was coming. I know Lee Mack said they were preparing for the day, but that it was still a shock. I was wondering what he meant, but others saying he had entered a hospice sort of confirms the end was very near.

Very sad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Never knew he had cancer. RIP Sean x

One of his best moments. Carrot in a box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I used to like Give Us A Clue. If I remember correctly, it shared a theme tune with Grange Hill, which was odd. Of course, the master of the genre was undoubtedly Lionel Blair... and who will ever forget him, exhausted and on his knees, finishing off An Officer And A Gentleman in under two minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Channel 4 are showing two tribute programmes for Sean Lock tonight

10pm Sean Lock - Keep It Light (Stand Up Special)

11.05pm 8 Out Of 10 Cats (Classic Episode)

Francis Mossman has died he was in Shortland Street and Spartacus Blood and Sand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Sonny Chiba has died. He was famous martial artist and actor, who had a role in Tarantino's Kill Bill. He was 82.

He was very prolific. His cause of death was due to Complications related to Covid-.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Gogglebox star Mary Cook dies aged 92 as Channel 4 pay tribute to 'witty and beloved' show star

Ah no. Her and Marina were hilarious! Good age all the same. I didn't realise she was that old!

• Advertisement

Just heard Charlie Watts Rolling Stones drummer has died at 80.

Bad couple of weeks.

Michael Nader ( Dynasty) dead aged 76

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Googlebox star Andy Michael has died at the age of 61 following a short illness

Another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,303 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Don’t know if you can get the BBC iPlayer over in Ireland, but in tribute to Sean Lock…

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And Pete McGarry died in June. He used to be on with his wife Linda, and her son. He was aged 71.

• Advertisement
Advertisement