Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Ah Man

This is a tough one. Sean Lock was a really funny guy - a genuine and unique wit. Stood head and shoulders above the general dross on those panels shows. So sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

He was an effortlessly funny man.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭RossGeller

I remember a few years ago watching 8OOTC and thinking that he had gotten very skinny and his hair looked brittle.

Easily one of the funniest comedians out of Britain. RIP

☹️ RIP Sean Lock

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Absolutely gutted to hear Sean lock has passed away, one of my favorite comedians on tv

A star on 8 out of 10 cats does count down, comedy really lost one of the funniest guys around

Horrible day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

One of the funniest sharpest comedians out there. I was always glad to see Sean on something cause you knew you'd get some good laughs regardless of who else was there. Loved his standup as well.

RIP Sean.

This news is certainly a challenging wank.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭larchielads

Ah lads only heard. he was the best thing about that show. Heard him on our local radio station WLRfm a few years back doing a phone interview. Came across very well too when not trying to be funny. Rip Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

RIP just watching some clips of him now and I'm howling with laughter he carried 8 out of 10 cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭DJ_Eoghan

I found him hit and miss, but when he did hit, they were crackers. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Both himself and Jon Richardson carried a lot of 8ootc.

Very surprised to hear of his passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭DJ_Eoghan

I found him hit and miss, but when he did hit, they were crackers. I was only watching that carrot in a box clip last night. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

While a lot of those comedy panel shows ran their course, to the extent I would hardly watch them any more and got increasingly annoyed at some of the regulars, Sean Lock was the exception. A naturally funny man. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I basically got to know Sean Lock, like a lot of people, from 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown. I think I did see a bit of his stand-up as well. He was an effortlessly funny man. This is disparately sad. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Sean Lock beat the cancer many years ago, but it came back with a vengeance. I think he knew well over a year ago and instead of hiding away, he went out on a limb and became funnier.

Always one for the "would love to have a pint with" list. Genuinely funny, genuinely decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow that is a shock, Thank you for the laughs Sean, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PogoRach

Very sad to hear about Sean Lock, been used to constantly seeing him on TV for the last 16 years. A very quick-witted and funny individual, he'll be greatly missed.

Rest In Peace Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I actually cannot believe that this guy is dead. This is desperately sad news.

I had watched Sean Lock on a few episodes of 8 out of 10 does Countdown over the years. I had also watched him Jimmy Carr hosted one of the episodes of Cats does Deal or No Deal for Stand Up to Cancer a few years ago. He was an extremely funny guy who had me in stitches whenever he mentioned one of his jokes on the show.

RIP Sean. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

So saddened by this. He was a painfully funny man.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,165 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

painfully funny is really accurate. Claudia Winkleman was on his team once and she had to beg him to stop because she was laughing so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Genuinely shocked about Sean Locks death, when he was on form he was brilliantly funny.

Theres one line from Cats Does Countdown that I’ve always remembered and makes me laugh every time. Jimmy asks Sean if there was one thing he’s like to change about himself. Sean pauses and the completely deadpan says ‘I think I’d like to be a less giving lover’ (or words to that affect). Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

apt clip - RIP Sean thanks for the many laughs:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

He was always brilliant on all his panel shows, also Sean Lock's Sitcom '15 Storeys High' is a gem, it went under the radar but it is painfully funny in places.

RIP Sean, I thought he would be making us laugh for many more years. it really has not sunk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 85,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Apparently he was terminal. Had checked into a hospice, so he knew the time was coming. I know Lee Mack said they were preparing for the day, but that it was still a shock. I was wondering what he meant, but others saying he had entered a hospice sort of confirms the end was very near.

Very sad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Never knew he had cancer. RIP Sean x

• Registered Users Posts: 40,165 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

One of his best moments. Carrot in a box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I used to like Give Us A Clue. If I remember correctly, it shared a theme tune with Grange Hill, which was odd. Of course, the master of the genre was undoubtedly Lionel Blair... and who will ever forget him, exhausted and on his knees, finishing off An Officer And A Gentleman in under two minutes?

Advertisement