Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boosters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

We have 700,000 Pfizer vaccines from Romania, there is clearly a plan to use them (I'm still not convinced boosters are needed in a high vaccinated % society, but they are clearly planning for them).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I don't doubt it but the talk to date has only got as far as at risk groups. I also wonder about the need for boosters right now, especially population-wide. It would be preferable to have such stocks in unvaccinated arms in places who really need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Username2017

No I don’t disagree with him encouraging people to get vaccinated. Biden is TELLING people to get vaccinated and shaming anyone who isn’t. I don’t agree with that. I think if you want to vaccinated then great. IF it’s saving you from getting seriously ill and dying then wonderful. Personally I believe if I get covid I will be absolutely fine as I have been for the last 2 years. I might have felt different if I was offered a vaccine in March 2020 when I thought we would all be dropping like flies.

Now that Im more educated about covid, I know that the chances of me dying are less than 1% I don’t feel the need for a vaccine right now. Ive worked closely with approx 40 clients a week since this “pandemic” began while a “highly contagious virus “ is rampant so I’m pretty sure I’ve had it and my immune system did it’s job.

I also live in the u.s and do not know a single person who has died from covid despite what the media will tell you. I meet doctors and nurses every day of the week , ask questions and make my own decisions based on that.

The memes make me laugh. I’m not anti Biden. I feel bad for him and his son. I feel Biden should be enjoying retirement and not being publicly humiliated every time he tried to form a sentence and I hope his son is getting the help he needs.

I don't see the Pfizer (or Moderna) supply being exported anytime soon, they will be in Ireland along with the usual deliveries and will get used in Ireland.

Honestly, this is the problem the USA faces, people just ignoring the case counts and deaths and pretending it isn't happening and attack the people who are trying to help the situation. It's farcical and the people like yourself sticking their head in the sand are a huge part of the problem over there. All the data, deaths, cases and experts all saying the same thing, even their anti-everything ex-leader telling them to get vaccinated yet being ignored because of feelings and anecdotal evidence from those around you.

But hey, at least we know the meme's are coming from a position of complete ignorance now.

• Advertisement

If you believe the death rate for a second then i am not the ignorant one here. Last April my family member came home and told me that they were being told to write covid 19 on the death certificates of a couple who had been thrown through the windscreen of their car and died on the way to hospital. That was the first I heard of anything. The hospitals were empty, nurses being laid off due to lack of patients , while the media was telling us at the same hospital, bodies were piling up in the parking lot?!

I was living in the middle of it while you were home in watching CNN.

Maybe you should move to Australia where the government will keep you nice and safe from the 4 cases of covid and the army will beat you back into your house if you dare to go out and get some fresh air and vitamin d.

Since you have assumed so much about me being a conspiracy theorist, anti vax, ignorant trump supporter, I’d assume you are unemployed, depending on the government to feed you so you can watch the news all day and judge people on forums? I’d be interested to know what your BMI is also since you asked what I do with my body? I hope ,being so in fear of covid that you are not over weight like 75% of people in hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Imagine having lost a family member to Covid or been seriously ill yourself.

Then you come on boards.ie and some prick is telling you it's a hoax.

I don't know if that's a wind up or you actually believe it, either way you have a serious mental illness. You are legitimately sick and you need help. There's no version of events in which you're an OK human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Are you saying a Doctor/Coroner was told to falsify a cause of death? By who?

Were there reports of bodies piling up outside hospitals? My wife is an A&E Dr, they cleared out the hospitals in anticipation of the onslaught of cases that were expected, but the lockdown last year averted that catastrophe.

When did I say this was a hoax?? Maybe go back and re read what I wrote and come back to me when you can have an intelligent conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

It has been widely reported that vaccinated people can still contract and pass on the virus. Nothing untrue about that. Also, if they can't even settle on the dose amount, if boosters are require, lasting efficacy of the vaccines I don't think you can say they know everything about the vaccines effectiveness and future use.

• Advertisement

Yes that’s what I’m saying, In the u.s , specifically a privately owned for profit hoapital. Mostly because the hospitals being mostly empty were loosing millions with surgeries being cancelled and the sick afraid to go to a hospital. Each covid related death is a big pay out for that hospital. Its common knowledge by now over in the u.s. that the numbers have been exaggerated in order to fund the hospitals and pay staff. Of course there were genuine covid related deaths just not the numbers they are reporting.

NurseErin was a nurse in nyc last year when covid was at it’s peak , watch “undercover epicenter nurse”if you don’t believe me.

I would never step foot in a hospital in the u.s and think we are blessed with health care in Ireland.

I’m going to call absolute BS on your post, falsifying a death cert would have serious implications for the Dr/Hospital, the family would be up in arms, any litigation associated with the cause of death would have been affected etc. Both my wife and I worked in hospitals in the US, I can assure you that what you are alleging never happened, if they died due to massive trauma in a vehicular accident, that is what was on the death certificate.

I'm pretty much in the least risk group for everything with COVID, but thanks for asking :)

Also good to know there's not much critical thought going on behind the future meme dumps.

Is this the first you’ve heard of this “bs” ? Genuinely curious. I don’t live in Ireland anymore but I’m back visiting so I’m interested in people’s opinions/thoughts and also what information is given over here.

If you are asking is this the first time I have heard of a Dr/Hospital policy of falsifying causes of death for profit, yes it is. Are you saying Hospitals are telling staff to record deaths due to car crashes, gunshot wounds, work place accidents etc as deaths due to Covid, so the hospital can earn more money to pay wages?

Have you any comprehension of how that would play out for the families, or litigation relating to both the actual cause, and indeed the Hospital?

Oh WOW!! So i I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist right now ?! Ok that explains a lot , thanks!

Stating that a Doctor was instructed to falsely state cause of death as Covid, for a couple who died in a car crash, so the Hospital will profit is a bit out there, don’t you think? Surely you must have questioned your relative about the veracity of the claim.

Just so you know, in the US, falsifying medical records is a Federal offence. As you live there, you know what that means.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - thread has been getting off topic, can we get back to discussing boosters please?

I think what people are saying is that, sure, you can get death certs entered wrongly, it happens, however, very rarely.

It is something that can be litigated for and have people up on malpractice charges, it's a pretty stupid way for a doctor/consultant to lose their license if proven (and a car crash victim case would be easily proved), the cost of getting caught is way higher than any small benefit.

Unless you're into COVID being a global hoax, but there's a different forum for that.

• Advertisement

100% I thought that’s weird , aren’t their poor family going to be confused when they read that. Why would they do that ?!

Im only giving that as an example of the first time I heard of it. It’s been 16 months since then , I know of so many cases that’s it old news. But I get why that sounds insane if that’s the first you’ve heard of it. I’m honestly shocked how filtered everything is !

We hear a lot of stupid claims, but most people here, we hope, look at the source and are not stupid, Gemma O’Doherty followers being the exception.

No I don’t think covid is a hoax. But who cares about what I think.

Oh I saw her videos last year , if I’m being put in the same category as her I need to delete my account .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

So how will booster shots work? Would it go on an age based rollout again?

I can't help but think of all those who skipped the queue at the beginning of the year. If there was a 30 year old teacher who skipped the vaccine queue and got the shot early, would they have to wait until their age group opens up now? Which leaves them with a bigger gap and not protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭brickster69

It looks as like US is considering reducing boosters from 8 months to 5 after Biden met with the Israeli PM today.

An evil man will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes - Sun Tzu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Off the top of my head, 44% of the severe cases in Israel were in immunocompromised people (fully vaccinated). This was flagged last year with trials excluding them (or including them and skewing the efficiency - SA and AZ). If you give a 100% effective vaccine to an immunocompromised person, they may not generate the same immune response as a healthy person. It was common knowledge months ago that after 2 jabs a immunocompromised person can show no or negligible antibody response.

"Vaccines don't prevent spreading of Covid" is not the same thing as "vaccinated people can still pass on the virus". Anyway, it's clearly a misunderstanding on my part as to what you meant.

Do you have any comments on the rest of my post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭brickster69

That may be the case. However with Israel boosting everyone over 50 now, they obviously have concerns from it's findings on severe illness and are playing it safe. That was based on all over 65's

An evil man will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes - Sun Tzu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Vaccinated people are less likely to catch and pass on the virus. a vaccinated person is less a danger to society than an unvaccinated one. that is not in doubt.

A booster may reduce the transmission of the virus further so that it cannot get going again. Ireland should carefully observe what is happening in Israel.

Advertisement