Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP final grant waiting time

Options
  • 20-08-2021 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi, I have PP in for attic conversion and waiting for final grant.

It's been 5 weeks since notification of permission has been granted. Just wondering if this is normal?

Thought it was a 4 week wait from notification, just worried something's gone wrong!

TIA

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It is supposed to be 4 weeks. Have you checked to see if the council have uploaded the final grant to your planning file on the website? The physical letter may have got lost in the post or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

Yea I've checked today a couple of times. Pain in the ass, I'm just waiting on the final grant to give to the bank!!

Maybe the time of year with people on annual leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Shouldn't be. It's a mandatory time limit. Give them a call Monday to check.

Good idea I'll give them a buzz thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The 4 week timeframe is the statutory time.

ABP confirm to the council that no appeals have been made. Then the council will start drafting the final grant. I’m seeing it currently at about 5 or 6 weeks for most jobs.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, do you think ringing them will make any difference then? Bit pushed for time with bank and it's the final thing they need before they send to underwriters!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yea no harm calling them. If they can, they will try help or at least confirm when it’s due for signing.

I believe the day is because of WFH, the physical signing process only occurs on set days.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There is no statutory time period for issuing the final grant other than "as soon as possible" after the appeal period has expired so you can actually demand it subject of course to no appeal having been lodged. You are entitled to visit the office and request the final grant anytime after 28 days have lapsed from the decision date.

As above though the best thing is to ring them and explain your situation and ask if you can either collect in person or that they undertake to post it the same day.

Just an update .still waiting on final grant! Rang on Monday and the lady told me it should be available online by end of this week. No sign so far.

Have sent an email this afternoon. So fed up now, 6 weeks since notification of permission. Hoping bank will accept that I've had verbal confirmation of grant and start going through all other documents untill I can send final grant to them

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Advertisement
Advertisement