Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another baby

Options
  • 08-02-2021 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I know nobody can answer my question only me but just wondering has anyone been in a similar situation I am 36 married with a 14 year old daughter who has a eating disorder going through therapy at the moment I also am a full time carer to my mother who has lung cancer, my husband and I want another child before we get too old will I have regrets if I don’t is now the right time with everything going on??im so lost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

carolx x wrote: »
    Hi
    I know nobody can answer my question only me but just wondering has anyone been in a similar situation I am 36 married with a 14 year old daughter who has a eating disorder going through therapy at the moment I also am a full time carer to my mother who has lung cancer, my husband and I want another child before we get too old will I have regrets if I don’t is now the right time with everything going on??im so lost

Sorry to hear about everything that's going on. My feeling is to always go with your gut, there's never a right time. Also, 36 isn't super old. I had my first last year at 37, although I admit I was feeling a slight panic :D

Edited to delete suggestion re AMH testing which apparently does not give a complete picture of fertility.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chrisam

carolx x wrote: »
    Hi

The main thing is not to stress. You have loads of time, so if now isn't the right time, wait a while. I had our baba at 44 (first pregnancy) and my sister in law had her first at 43. My dr told me his oldest naturally conceiving woman was 52! Women are fertile well into their forties, but I do think stress impacts ease of conception, so try not to put yourself under pressure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had my first when I was almost 40. I did have to do fertility treatment, but we had been trying for about 6 years before that. I am now 44 and we are trying again, but no luck just yet. I am conscious of my age, but not letting it put me off. I just had my bloods done today, so we have to see how they look before we can decide if fertility treatment will be an option this time. I really want another one, and praying this will all go to plan. Best of luck!

Advertisement