Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Did Bausch and Lomb ghost me?

• 23-07-2021 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

So I applied for B+L in Waterford for weekend shift in May, had an interview on the 28th of last month followed by a medical on the Friday after that and since then I've asked for updates on 2 separate occasions.

The first time I was told that they were waiting on my medical form and they would contact me, but I never heard anything that week and I messaged again the following Friday after ringing the OH department the medical form had been sent to so I could verify that the holdup was on Bausch and Lomb's end and not the doctor's. This time I was told that the HR department had been in Operations and Finance meetings all week and would still be going into this week but I would know whether or not I have the job by today, lo and behold they did not ring me today. Monday is a month since the interview and it has already been over a month since they initially made contact with me.

However, during the week, despite there apparently being nobody in HR because of the aforementioned meetings, the exact same job I applied for was posted again on the Bausch and Lomb job portal which has completely sent my mind into overdrive. Is it the same job I applied for and they just didn't tell me I haven't got it or is it just looking for more people? Should I contact them again or would that seem desperate? Is it best if I just consider this a dead end and move onto the next job? I genuinely do not know what to do but I feel as though given it has been a month since the interview, I have been as fair as I can be and waiting by the phone every weekday for it to ring is starting to take a toll mentally.

Any advice or people sharing similar experiences with the Company would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

B+L are generally known as a good company. At a guess, I'd imagine they had a lot of applicants and have to work through them, check references, etc. And it's summer holiday time, so they may be doing it with a reduced crew. So unless knowing you didn't get it would lead you to do something else, just go about your business, don't keep contacting them, let them get back to you and if it happens, it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Not to make light of it, I know it is a pain but this is just job hunting, it can be a complete head wrecker. Once I did four interviews with a company and they did not even email me to say I did not get it. As said, it is not a great time of year either for these things. Just so many people on holidays. If I were you, I would just continue job hunting. If you get something else but prefer B&L you can just contact B&L saying you have been offered another job but prefer B&L has a decision been made on your application yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I will say that a) it is weird that you have done the medical and not yet heard back and b) this isn't how they would normally do things, I would say they are usually quite efficient.

Should you have passed the medical, ie. not had any traces of illegal substances in your urine sample, then personally I would have said you should have heard back. You may have fallen through the cracks due to staff holidays etc. like others have said.

Did you hear back since?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

normally when the send you for a medical means you have the job. CONGRATULATIONS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

You haven't had a call back and you are claiming that it is having a toll on you mentally?

Seriously?

• Advertisement
Advertisement