Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

sockets + switches

Options
  • 20-08-2021 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Anyone know good online resources to browse sockets + switches? Or where I could pick up brochures or see in real life?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

REW in Finglas have loads on display.

woodies.

homebase etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Dowsing and reynolds, Amazon, Swtch, buster and punch. Theres tons of different brands but if you aren't looking for anything too different woodies, screwfix and most big hardware stores have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I found it useful to purchase random double sockets online as they were also cheaper that local providers. Get 4 or 5 different types of brands you like. The ones you don't like go behind the fridge, freezer, washing machine, dryer, TVs l, etc. Then you just buy everything (sockets, switches, dimmers, etc) of the brand you like.

You can also put cheaper plastic ones in the utility, spare room, office, etc and the more expensive ones elsewhere where they'll be seen.

I got mine from the tlc-direct in the UK as it was the cheapest of the brand I liked but they don't ship to Ireland since Brexit I think.

Advertisement