Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a bike fitted professionally

Options
  • 22-08-2021 9:54pm

Sorry I may have asked this before but can't find the thread.

Unfortunately we are coming to the end of summer so I decided to treat myself to a new smart bike trainer and make an effort to get back into cycling as much as I used to.  

Today I had to abandon one of my workouts due to how uncomfortable I was on the bike, could anyone recommend a professional bike fitter unfortunately I don't currently drive so somewhere within easy reach cycling distance of a train station.  

I live in Mayo so ideally I'd prefer to go to someone local.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

I'm Mayo based but honestly, its well worth the travel to get fitted by Aidan Hammond in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭wijam

I'd second Aidan, got a bike fit from hit at the end of July and it's made a big difference

Thanks I was thinking of going to see him, unfortunately he's booked out until October.

In the meantime time if anyone else is interested I found an interesting app although unfortunately it's only available on iOS devices and you will need a tripod.

The app is called Bike Fit Elite it costs €10 it's basically a video analysis tool that captures a video of you on the bike and allows you to select the different points needed for a bike fit.

I probably did a bad job of describing it so here is their website.

http://bikefastfit.com/

Advertisement