Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herdwatch v herdapp

Options
  • 20-08-2021 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

My subscription is coming up for herdwatch and I'm looking for alternatives for a suckler /sheep farmer.

Anyone here use both at some stage , any feedback on herdapp by agrinet appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Ex Herdwatch using herdapp now

Dairying and sheep here. they recently added sheep and have sorted out a few glitches.

You can disable the dairying in settings.

Sound people running the show and nearly always on hand to help you. I think they give you a month trial free.

It's takes a little while to get used to. (for me anyway) but good tutorials on YouTube etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

One thing I would do is ring them asking do you have to cancel subscription as you are leaving, and see if they will offer a better deal. Herdwatch had a six months for 60euro offer when I tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭jfh

€195 for herdwatch and they don't have a section for sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Herd app is €60 per year minimum for 60 bovines and €1 per head to a maximum of €250 including vat

eg. 60 or less cattle €60

100 cattle €100,

250 cattle €250 ,

500 cattle €250

sheep numbers not taken into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Hi,

I have herdwatch at the moment for sucklers and sheep. First time using icbf website as well and looking at their herdplus. Is this pretty much the same as herdwatch as is it different in that you can access all the ratings info and other stuff?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement