Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitting Tax Credits with second job

Options
  • 19-08-2021 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

How do you go about splitting your tax credits when you secure a second employment?

Does this allow both employments to remain active on your online revenue account?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

Call the Revenue with the second employers tax number,address,etc and tell them how you want your allowance split-50/50,30/70 whatever.I decided on the % split by calculating how much the second job was paying.Both employments will remain active until you tell Revenue otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks what are their opening times?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

you can do this on revenue.ie - they even have a calculator where you input your salary from each employer and it tells you the best way to split it.

Thanks.

What do I click on on my Revenue.ie account to access this facility?

Thanks.

I work on a C.E. scheme two days a week ( since COVID) recieving a wage of €225.50 a week.

The new job is for the remaining three days at € 12 an hour for a nine hour shift.

What percentage split would you recommend for this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Can you leave all your tax credits with your 'main' employment?

Advertisement