Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck Zippers ?

Options
  • 17-08-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

have 2 jerseys in very good condition with zippers stuck at the bottom, both jerseys open.

seems runners are stuck to the stop...maybe, one zipper runner is metallic and seems a little corroded is a santini one

other jersey runner blackish not sure if plastic or metal

any ideas on freeing these, youtube etc say oilve oil, soap, pencil but i think that might be for the rails?

would a very small amount of WD40 carefully applied help ? or damage the lycra ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

A bit of vinegar can help get rid of the corrosion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i doubt WD40 would damage lycra - i've gotten bike crud on my clothes before which would be oil based and never noticed an issue.

I've used crayons in the past on zips or a gentle rub on a dry bar of soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Try rubbing a pencil(graphite) up and down the zip. If that doesn't work, try the WD40, it'll wash out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Get a wax candle and run it along the zipper teeth. Can help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Only freed up a stuck zip last week,used the smallest drop of WD40,left for 5 minutes,and then I gently pulled the zip up to get it moving freely.Up and down gently a few times and the zip freed up fine like brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭devonp

yes both zippers back in action, as above v small amount of WD40 , then a pencil over the rails 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Furniture spray polish usually does the trick also.

Advertisement