Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

R.I.P. Sean Lock

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

@seamus as you said Sean could be on TV all week. He did a lot of shows so it was possible. I had an inkling he was unwell but he seemed a very private person. Jon Richardson was absent a few times but never came back hoarse. His kids are still young so I can't imagine how they're feeling. From the tributes from his fellow comedians revered him so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Was genuinely saddened to hear this today, someone who always made me laugh no matter the mood when oli stuck on 8 out of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,997 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I heard the news late this morning, it was a shock. I did see him on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown last year maybe, and you could tell he was ill. I don't think I looked any further into it. It's such sad news, he was hilarious, and that show will never be the same or as funny without him. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I was surprised to see that just now. Always liked Sean Lock. One of the few "modern" comedians that could raise a decent laugh outta me.

Fucking cancer. ☹️

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

One of my favorite comedians.

RIP Sean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The thing about deaths like this is we know our favourite actors/comedians and performers won't live forever. They're in our homes daily or weekly. We feel like we know them somewhat. They make us laugh and cry. My own mother passed away at 58. It's no age at all. He will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

• Registered Users Posts: 35,634 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not a great tribute from C4, a very bland episode of 8 10 CD where he was silent throughout.

I've been watching some of his standup shows on YouTube. He was a very funny man. The dude was able to tell a joke. There is no higher praise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Morgans

My favourite Sean Lock joke was on one of the old 8 out of 10 cats.

Carol Vorderman was one of the guests. Said she had been offered 250k to go on I'm a celebrity but turned it down. Rest of the group complained and she said 'yeah it's a lot but to eat kangaroo balls eeew'.

Other guest Tony something said 'for 250k, I'd eat the whole kangaroo, feet and all....'

Sean Lock laughs to himself, clearly this was one of the panel jokes that was improv, and shouts 'for 250k, i'd let the kangaroo eat my balls.'

Still makes me laugh.

Anyway, 15 storeys high is still the most underrated UK sitcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 suspiciousMind

a legend, loved his wit, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I still remember this gem on Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2008

It was extremely lacklustre. They better have something better down the line because he was better than that. How many tuned in when he was on 8 Out Of 10 Cats and its Countdown counterpart and that's what they showed tonight 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sad news. I love 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown. Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Sad news. I loved his stand up and 8 out of 10 cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

When I heard about his passing I actually did cry. Partly because I just feel for his wife and young kids left behind and partly because I am currently been treated for cancer myself - just goes to show how fragile life is and how you just never know 😪

FCUK CANCER 🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

By far, the funniest comedian on 8 out of 10 Cats. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

I was quite saddened by this.

A genuinely natural funnyman. You got the impression he was the comedian that other comedians found hilarious.

He had a real understanding of the absurdities of life and said the unsayable in such a whimsical, hilarious way but you could tell he was just a decent guy.

A lot of really nice tributes online from other comedians that included "unique" and "naturally funny" a lot. I think he was.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Keep it light (Sean lock standup is available on sky or on all4)

He was absolutely the best comedian on 8 out of 10

• Advertisement
Advertisement