Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2022 Adjustments

Options
  • 15-08-2021 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Following the announcement that the changes to LC2022 would be similar to those for the 2021 class we were told that the official document showing the exact changes would be released in July.

I havnt been able to find the new guidelines. Does anyone know of they have been released yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

My understanding is that they would be the same as the initial changes issued in before Christmas last year? I assume they won't tell us until we are back and all plans for the year will need to be redone!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭noplacehere

That was my understanding too. Same changes as the original ones

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LW2018

I think it was to be the original changes but it was to be confirmed by July. We are back with LCs next week so it would be nice to know for sure in terms of our scheme of work and order of the topics we begin with! The students themselves definitely deserve to have this information on or before their first day back

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JP2000

No changes to JC exam is disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hopontop

Are these changes the exact same as the 2nd lot of changes from last year? (the ones that were sat in the actual LC exam in June). Are there any differences at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

For my subjects they are the same as the first lot of changes.

The second lot of changes would come into effect if there were school closures in the coming year…

Disappointed with the junior cert too, they could have reduced the amount of literature to be covered in Irish, at the very least. I know they don’t like offering choices at junior cycle amy more, but it puts a lot of pressure on teachers to focus on literature this year. It was difficult to cover in lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭airy fairy

I presume this is it now, no more changes or requirements?

Are there any indications that grades awarded by the teachers may play a part again this year? Have teachers been advised to keep record of class assessments in the event they'll be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hopontop

Thanks, just trying to get my head around it. For Biology it doesn’t actually state how many questions they have to answer in Section B or C, so it must be like the original changes from last year (i.e. 2 from section B and 4 from section C).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

This is it unless circumstances change. If there’s another new variant, we don’t know how that will play out.

Teachers would always be told to keep good records, so I wouldn’t take that as an indication of anything. As things stand, the aim is for a full normal leaving cert, with the usual provisions for illnesses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Except the introduction of common level exams in some subjects which was supposed to happen this year.

Should be fun, in subjects where marking schemes change to keep the number of HL A grades down and there are still a number of candidates who struggle to get higher than a C on OL.

We will see do they dumb the exam down, or accept a high failure rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭airy fairy

I suppose I'm aware of the fact that teachers were caught in the headlights in Spring '20. Class, assessments were random and there was nothing substantial recorded in a lot of classes. I had a leaving cert student in '20.

My LC "22 kid is happy with the Irish for next year, disappointed with the cutting out of the invigilator practical art. There's no logic to cutting the practical side. The student didn't miss anything in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JohnnyIreland

Anyone interested in Irish or English H1 leaving cert notes from a "grind school" let me know! I do not need them anymore so message me away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

JohnnyIreland - I'd love them please, Irish especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Hot & heavy debate about the exams on rte radio now.

Sarah McInerney, Regina Doherty + male teacher rep? Edit: it is Michael Gilespie TUI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Leaving Cert History Ordinary Level.

Students now do the Documents Based Question (as per usual) and any other two topics. Students can choose one from Ireland and one from Europe or two from Ireland or two from Europe. More flexibility.

With the same amount of time allowed I will be telling mine to answer three topics as the best answers will be marked.

I am not bothering at all with any preparation for the Case Studies as the DBQ is basically a reading comprehension test.

What do people think of the adjustments for History OL?

Advertisement