Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parcelforce UK - who do they use here ?

Options
  • 16-03-2021 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭

I am considering buying an ebay item from the UK. The seller would send it via Parcelforce (Royal Mail Parcels). Does anyone who they use to deliver here ? AnPost ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Discodog wrote: »
    I am considering buying an ebay item from the UK. The seller would send it via Parcelforce (Royal Mail Parcels). Does anyone who they use to deliver here ? AnPost ?
    Not sure about the ParcelForce brand specifically, but letters and small packages sent to me in the past via Royal Mail were delivered by AnPost.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

GLS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

PommieBast wrote: »
    Not sure about the ParcelForce brand specifically, but letters and small packages sent to me in the past via Royal Mail were delivered by AnPost.

Someone I know got 5 largish parcels from Parcelforce delivered by An Post last week

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

SPDUB wrote: »
    Someone I know got 5 largish parcels from Parcelforce delivered by An Post last week

Here's hoping. Couriers are a pain for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Timfy

We're out in the sticks and so far everything from Parcelforce has been delivered by a local small courier company, via GLS

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The seller quoted me £70 via Parcel Force. I just sent him a screenshot from Parcels2go showing it as £25 :)

DPD is only £14

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I have a package coming via Parcelforce that is showing as "DUBLIN PARCELS INBOUND Tracked in destination country" since Wednesday with no further update. There may well be VAT due. Any idea who I could be talking to in order to nudge things along?

Have they not given you a tracking number for the local delivery firm? It is probably still making its way thru customs which unfortunately can take several days :(

I have a Parcel Force tracking number, nothing else

• Advertisement

Could try putting it into 17track and seeing if that brings up the Irish carrier.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, it's not finding it.

Best guess is that it is taking its time to clear customs and it is just a waiting game. I've heard that orders below €150 have had particularly bad delays.

That could be it. I put the tracking reference into An Post parcel tracker and they have it, showing as 'we have your parcel' on the same date as Parcel Force showed it as being in Dublin.

Any idea if we're typically talking days or weeks?

Back in May it took AnPost a bit over a week to deliver a package to me (from Australia) once it had appeared on their tracking system.

Latest update from An Post tracking - does 'sorted' mean that it's all sorted, or sorted onto a route or what?

10 August 2021 15:50

Your delivery has been sorted

10 August 2021 15:50

We have your delivery

Not sure. Best guess is that it has at least cleared customs.

Just to say that the package was delivered today, without any mention of VAT. It had a proper commercial invoice in the paperwork, which also has no mention of VAT at all.

So it looks like I got away with not paying any VAT to anyone, Irish or UK.

Nice to hear it finally arrived :)

I have had things slip through the net once or twice in the past. Guess it down to the mood of the customs agent on duty at the time.

Advertisement