Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭murfler

Yes something must have changed between models. Lowest level cut not very short on mine which I purchased in April 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

When you raise or lower the disc with the app can you stand beside it to listen if you hear it go up or down? Would rule out that mechanism being faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭murfler

Yes I can hear it go up and down and I can also see the difference in the grass length after a few runs so I can rule that being a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Well that's the extent of my troubleshooting I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I'm getting a "Temporary Battery Problem" error on our Husqvarna 450X automower since yesterday & the battery is only charging to 49%.

I've restarted the mower as suggested on screen but this hasn't helped, has anyone else had this fault ? If so what was the fix ?

The mower was bought in February 2019, has 547 charging cycles & 552 hours charging time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭blackbox

@ Alfie1. Is it still under warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Not at nearly 2 1/2 years old bought in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,069 ✭✭✭✭KCross

If anyone needs a new battery that is unused and still in a Husqvarna sealed box, I have 2 spare. Part number 5296068-01.

Two of these

@Alfie1 the above isnt any good to you as you said you have a 450x but it shouldnt die that quick. My first set of batteries lasted just shy of 7 seasons. I'd be pressing for warranty on that if the battery is actually dead. I think your 450x has 2 batteries and one is not charging hence why it goes to 49%. Its either one of the batteries is dead or a bad connection. If you are sure your warranty is up and you are not getting satisfaction from Husqvarna I'd open it up and reseat the cables and see if that helps for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

sorry I Missed your reply, i dont think i get email notifications anymore since the site changed. I went for the 250i Elite plus also. I am totally impressed . battery life, cutting quality , coverage, its seems to have it all.

The App with it is fine, although for some of the features you have to be within Bluetooth range of the mower.

one tip, and it has been mentioned already, dont send it on on a mad over grown lawn. get it cut properly at least a few days beforehand.

Would recommend it to anyone, just make sure you get an installer that knows what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Right, that should protect it :D Also, I just noticed and turned on the 'ECO' mode so that should make the unit a little less warm at night when the mower is docked and charged so less of an attraction for little dudes. Note, the base unit which has this PCB isn't sealed to stop them getting in - the cover acts just like that, a cover from rain but nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bedouin79

Yeah the Bluetooth annoyed me too but not the end of the world. When it’s wet or your lowering the height well worth cleaning the underside daily (3-4 days) the extra grass cuttings will build up quickly. This can force the blade guard to move which can lead to the blade eating the blade guard. A good spray of wd-40 stops the grass sticking.

well wear they are great machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KayoOhio

Checking in from the US - just joined. I found this board looking for advice on setting up boundary wires. Took a week but I've read the whole thing -it is like a certificate in robot mowers! I just bought a Husqvarna 115, and we will be installing this weekend or next. Feeling fairly confident. But...this afternoon we had a storm, and I just realized that the plane trees that shade our front yard are dropping bark, twigs and leaves everywhere. I hadn't thought about it before - can it handle it, do you all think? Any suggestions, warnings or cautionary tales?

But...this afternoon we had a storm, and I just realized that the plane trees that shade our front yard are dropping bark, twigs and leaves everywhere.

Leaves.. no problem.

Twigs/bark... depends on size. It wont be able to cut through them so it will be hard on the blades. If its just a few I'd say it will be fine but if they are everywhere I think you'd need to try a clean up.

You'll get an idea once the mower goes over the first few.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭hero25

I had the same problem started last year and continued this year. and because the battery wasnt charging to 100% it wouldnt leave the charging station. mine is also a 450x. and as previous poster said, one of the batteries was gone. Mine is ~3 years old, but my local dealer covered the Battery. it shoudln't be going that quickly... but it can happen.

(and about a month later the same thing happened the 2nd battery!!)

There must be a bad batch of batteries on the 450x then.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

That, or serious lack of quality control as Husquvarna.....wheel motors, wheel bearings, motherboards, batteries.......hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KayoOhio

That is helpful - there seems to be a "bark season" in late summer when it is a constant rain of bark. It is a small garden, should not be too onerous to keep it clear for the month it happens. I can do a patrol like for my Roomba, checking for cords and cat toys every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

Usually after a high wind I’d do a walk around to pick up the the small sticks that fall off the trees. They don’t do the machine any harm but I don’t want the machine to have to be running over them and like was said already, probably wearing the blades more

this happened to me with the elec board for electric gates before, fried it, so yeah it happens! you need to seal it bit time

im curious, how long does it stay out mowing? i had one for a week and it mowed for 45 mins then came back to charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

My Husquvarna Automower 420 has just been announced as dead.

I have it it 4 years - bought from an Irish dealer and has been serviced by them since I had it installed. We did need to replace the main board a few years back which was done by the original dealer.

It started acting up a few months ago - giving an empty battery error and not finding they way back to the base. The LCD screen was flickering for the last while too. Eventually last week it just depleted the battery after about 10 mins.

So I took it to another authorised dealer and they have told me that who ever serviced it / replaced the board never sealed the unit properly and it has been slowly corroding and eventually now has just died. He will be sending me photos of the damage and as he described 'a total butcher job' of replacing parts in the past.

I have cut ties with the original dealer over a different matter and no longer want to engage with them .. and I don't think they would even entertain a message from me.

I've decided to just purchase a new one from the dealer who has looked at it for me - but will be making sure that Husquvarna know what their authorised dealer did with my original one

I've decided to just purchase a new one from the dealer who has looked at it for me - but will be making sure that Husquvarna know what their authorised dealer did with my original one

I wouldnt give up so easily. Contact Husqvarna in Dublin and show them the pics and get them to replace it for free as a goodwill warranty fix. I wouldnt just accept it at all particularly if the new dealer is willing to back up your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

i'd agree .. but I need to get the lawn under control ASAP .. i'd have little faith in getting anything close to a replacement mower from Husquvarna at this stage .. but i'd be more concerned with making sure this dealer doesn't get a free run at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It recharges several times during the day, find the App great with this model

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭islander222

Would anyone know exactly how the Husqvarna 310 should be finding it's way back to base to charge? Mine has died on the lawn 3 times now since April. I had it serviced at the beginning of the year and they found an issue with the battery so changed it then.

I've just seen the comment above from Whippet so hoping that hasn't happened to me too....

I spent the day yesterday following it when it tried returning and it isn't pretty.. it moves about randomly for ages sometimes via the boundary wire and sometimes via the guide wire..

I thought it should follow guide wire back in first? But on one occasion I found it crossing back and forth over the guide wire whilst bouncing back off the boundary wire and randomly getting lost until it went across the guide wire a few minutes later in another section of the lawn (the furthest part away from base) before then following the guide wire smoothly back home.

Would anyone know how it should normally return to base?

Thanks

You probably wont get a new mower but you should get new parts for whatever bits are broken.

I'd get it fixed but in parallel start a case with the country distributor (Liffey Distributors).

I previously had a power supply blow within 12 months of getting it replaced. Like you I was in a hurry to get the mower back out so paid up for the new one and then got a refund processed as a goodwill gesture.

If you pull the trigger and buy a whole new mower you will have a bigger fight on your hands as the mower is probably fine... probably just needs a new circuit board?

the dealer went through a list of parts that will need to be replaced - came in at about €1k and he said he wouldn't be able to stand over how long more it would keep going for .. as the corrosion seems to permeate everywhere.

I'm biting the bullet to get a new one and will have photographic evidence along with a service partner's report and hopefully Husquvarna will offer some sort of compensation or at the very least they will know what one of their partners is at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Just wondering is has anyone else had this problem…..my mower is out twice a day for two hours & every single time it’s gone out in the past few weeks it’s just stopping in the garden. Then turns off.

when I arrive home from work and turn it on, off it goes again so it’s not a case of it being stuck in grass.

it’s a Ambrgio twenty elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 BIMMERAG

How old is your mower? Sounds like a power supply problem if its just stopping in the middle of the garden for no reason

Advertisement