Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Draft 21/22

Options
  • 16-08-2021 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭

Don't see a general draft thread so said I'd set one up. Just looking for advice not sure it falls into any other thread:

I've second pick in my draft league so first will take Lukaku. Stuck between drafting Sarr or Varane on waiver who do people think would be a better pick probably over the course of the season?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Looks like Lukaku will be the first grab in every one's draft 🤣.

I luckily finished bottom in a very tight opening week (5 team league) so looks like I'll get Lukaku. I have to drop Wilson or Frimino for him which is a headache. I'm dropping Wilson atm.

If you had two United defensive covers who would you replace Varane with? Also depends who are you dropping to accommodate him?

I opted for Chilwell in my draft but I see Alonso got the nod to start, I wonder with Tuchel keep rotating and causing us all grief or is the spot Alonso's to lose? Free kick goal + cleanie...... I'd say he leaves him in, healthy competition for the spot.

Saar looks fantastic alright, Targett probably still have nightmares of him marauding down the right at him 😂. Who do you lose if you bring in Saar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I would drop Firmino if I was you rather than Wilson. Wilson is integral to Newcastle. Although this could be some sort of breakout season for Firmino who knows.

I'd be selling either Konate or Godfrey for Varane. No other Utd cover.

But decent defenders are an easier pick up on waiver rather than mids/fwds. I'm steering clear of Alonso as I think it's Chilwells spot still once he's fit.

8 in our draft so it's tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

What about Saar? Who are you dropping for him?

I'd drop Konate over Godfrey if I were you. Let the Liverpool defense sort it's self out position wise. Matip played pretty well. Everton's fixtures also look okay. Will Varane definitely start the next game though?

Re the Wilson thing, I did consider that but if Frimino shows any kind of form this season, he'd still be a better option than Wilson I feel. That said, you are right about Wilson and Newcastle, he'll probably have contributed if they do score so it's hard to ignore him. Depending on how active my draft is, I may be cheeky and try rotate on good fixtures but won't know that for a few weeks and even then I could get caught out 😂

Advertisement