Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the purpose of this structure in the sitting room? Can it be removed? (URGENT please)

Options
  • 14-08-2021 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hope you're all well. The sitting room has a structure like this one (in the red square) that is approximately 40 cm in depth. It doesn't even have an electric fireplace or anything. Just basically a thin plasterboard. Inside the structure is empty (just a bit of foam on the surface from inside). The ceiling inside it is partly open and the flooring has no wood or partquet like the rest of the floor in the room. Can it be removed to make a perfectly flat wall? ((I know there might be exceptions and won't blame anyone if in some cases it is unsafe)).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

no wires or cables? pull it out, put the biggest damn tv you can afford on that wall instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭John_caffrey

Sorry maybe you said duplicate. If possible help me then what other posts are there and I will check, not sure what is the name of this structure.

Anything to worry about re. planning permission or checking with the management agency even though the person owns their property? Neighbor said this structure is a waste of space lol and there is nothing in it. It isn't even a proper wall like a support to the building, just plasterboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

sorry, it appears boards is acting up again (hate this "upgrade"), I posted & it did it twice, so I edited one to say duplicate & it did it for both., so I edited again.

Its just a feature wall. Should be no issues to pull it down, small plastering job & a little redecorating. Probably nothing about it in your lease but worth looking at it first to be sure.

Advertisement