Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Entertainment System - repair

Options
  • 14-08-2021 6:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

cleaning Out my old room other day found my Nes - powers on etc perfect just doesn’t read cartridge(s) it seems perfect otherwise!

any idea 1. What’s up? & 2. How / where could I send for repair?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a few ways to do this and I'll go through them. All of them except the last one are temporary.

The first is to open the system up and take out the 72 pin cart connector. Then bend all the pin outwards. This will take a while and is a temporary fix.

The next one is to buy a new 72 pin connector online and replace the old one. They are pretty cheap and easy to get and replace. The thing is this is temporary as well. The NES is badly made and the cart connector will only last a few weeks.

The last method is to get a japanese Famicom or a nes top loader and use that. They are both way better designed and don't suffer the awful design flaws of the old nes. A top loader is expensive and the Famicom will need a nes to Famicom adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

Definitely beyond my comprehension- could I bring it somewhere?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

With a nes it's usually bent pins from the design of the cart slot.

The easiest of those three is to buy the 72 pin connector. It's a very easy fix if you have a screwdriver and plenty of tutorials.

Give the cartridge connectors a clean with IPA as well.

The rage in dublin might do a repair but you are paying over the odds for basically a 72 pin connector replacement.

Advertisement