Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

After a rotten experience with the first Pfizer jab (brain fog, extreme tiredness etc.), I had some trepidation getting my second jab last Friday. But I haven't had a single issue (touches wood), not even pain in the arm from the jab itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

scaremongering sh1te

Side effects are so minor in every age group, that maybe people like you should visit a few wards where people have covid - including children.

Sort of like the utter news presenter fool in the USA that harped on about being anti vax and claiming covid was a hoax - he died last week - of covid. And his dying words - "I wish I got the vaccine"

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

After 2nd moderna I woke up speaking Chinese and thought it was Christmas. I thought a monkey was outside my house telling me to build a tunnel to Argentina so he could see he brother who left when he was young.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Just to update I woke up absolutely perfect the following morning as if the previous day hadn't even happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭growleaves

I know one person who had severe side effects from vaccine, and two people with severe reactions to covid itself.

I also overheard two people on the Luas discussing their bad side effects after vaccination (vomiting etc.)

There are also stories in the paper of people dropping dead for no reason - a young man in Athlone, a young mother in Belfast, a man walking home from the pub in Dublin. No explanation or background for these deaths given.

I don't remember sudden death syndrome being this prominent before.... but hey whatever right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,600 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Moderna

Dose 1: Received on a Wednesday afternoon, massive sense of relief. Very sore arm for 3 days. Thursday was a little bit tired and had a slight temperature, woke up on Friday no symptoms.

Dose 2: Received on Sunday afternoon temperature spiked on Sunday evening, drank loads of water to counteract, woke up 3 times on Sunday night/Monday morning pissing like a racehorse due to the excess water drank, at the same time was shivering and getting hot flushes, woke up on Monday with a headache, and tired all day. Very sore arm on Monday but Tuesday it has reverted to a slight discomfort, massive sense of relief still in play

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Moderna second dose. Chills all through the first night with no sleep. Fever the next morning. Tired all day with slight aches. Slept that night and grand the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dinter2k

Got my first Pfizer jab on Monday.

Slight pain in arm on the day. Fairly bad pain all day yesterday . Now it seems to have gone so far today .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

1st Moderna: just a sore arm for a day or two, interrupted sleep the first night from it.

2nd Moderna: arm quicker to get sore. Aches, headache, chills, queazy and sweats within 12 hours. Appetite was all over the shop for two days, hungry, full, stomach felt sick. Improvent on the second day but I was quite fatigued from it. Still had mild aches and pains. Day three I was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Got 2nd Pfizer jab last week.

Does 1: sore arm, foggy and slight headaches the day after. Almost like a slight hangover. Kept working (computer based), but couldn't focus on too many things at once or do complicated type work.

Dose 2: same sore arm, no other side affects.

Wife got 2nd Pfizer dose yesterday.

Dose 1: sore arm only.

Dose 2: sore arm, woke last night with slight fever and shivering. Nausea this morning and generally tired today. Fingers crossed she's not pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Of the 3 people that dropped dead in your post, do you know if the 3 of them had the vaccine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 purplecorn

Dose 1: Sore arm, brain fog, no appetite and tired for a day or so

Dose 2: Got it yesterday morning. Arm not as sore, no appetite, headache and fever all through the night, couldn't get out out bed until midday. Muscle aches all over but especially in my back, feel like I've run a marathon and then gone on a massive session afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

"I overheard on the luas"

"There are stories"

Ah come off it.

I did overhear two people on the Luas discussing side effects. Is that out of this world unbelievable? This is a pseudonymous internet conversation, you're not obliged to believe me or anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

I decided not to get one of these vaccines, so I don't have any side affects at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

1ST Moderna just a sore arm

2nd Moderna fever for about 24 hours, I certainly needed a day off work and spent the day on the couch. Grand after that except for 3 days later when i woke up to find my car had a flat tire. Fecking Vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JEC

I find it apalling that people who are lucky enough to have only minor side effects from the vaccine can be so dismissive of the risk of serious, debillitating side effects.

The very same people are quick to dismiss people who claim that their personal experience of Covid was little more than a headcold but place enormous weight on Covid ICU cases despite the fact that they have no idea whether the cases involve serious comorbidities or, as in cases I am personally aware of, people were in ICU for other reasons and tested positive.

I know of two people who have suffered life altering effects linked to the vaccine. One has a sudden partial vision loss in one eye, no explaination can be found so the doctors have said they will report it as a possible adverse effect. Another suffered a heart attack within hours of vaccination. They have recovered well but have been advised they cannot contine with a sport that they been involved in for over 30 years.

Just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it is not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Nobody is dismissing the risks but they are well advertised. What we do know is that something overheard on a bus or a coincidence is only that, a rumour or a coincidence. I have the utmost empathy for people effected by the vaccine but thankfully its very rare.

What we do know is that covid has taken away over 5000 loved ones from ireland alone. And what we do know is the death rate has dropped substantially since vaccines have been introduced. The benefits of vaccines far outways the small risk from taking a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

Some of the side effects don't sound like small risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

No vaccine = no sides

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Got the second Pfizer today.

After the first my arm was a bit dead for a few hours, perhaps a bit tired.

So far not really feeling much of anything, slight bit of stiffness in the arm.

Stories in the paper of people dropping dead for no reason?

Sounds legit, d'ya reckon the vaccines are to blame?

Lol

I don't know. I can't draw any conclusion, probably shouldn't have even mentioned it.

To my overactive brain it is worth thinking about.

Sudden death syndrome is always a thing but I would love to know if it is increasing lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Honestly I was just really tired and had a sore my.

lads don’t get it in your **** arm 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Still feeling palpitations a few times per day. They are not painful but very annoying.

lol indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JEC

Is vision loss well advertised as a potential side effect?

I can't see it on any of the vaccine literature. However, check online and there are plenty reports of people experiencing issues with vision, eye inflammation etc.

• Advertisement

Do you always have to be so prim? I accept that my train of thought was not 'evidence-based'. Happy?

Advertisement