Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor Seat

Options
  • 11-08-2021 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

changed tractor recently an knew the one I was buying might need the compressor in the seat repaired, not sure if it would be worth just putting in a new seat. the grammar like for like replacement is fairly expensive. what would be a good quality "other supplier" either mechanical or air.

I do see the like of DH machinery, Clifford's and few other selling a deluxe mechanical and air option, would it be very poor. 500 - 1000 hrs a year.

https://www.dhfarmmachinery.com/products/deluxe-mechanical-seat-53923.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

A seat is one of the most important components in a tractor, especially in one doing 500-1000hrs a year. Don't be afraid to spend a few euro on quality. Go air, if at all possible. Your back will thank you....

If the actual seat in your tractor is in good condition, you should be able to get a new base for it. If you want an alternative to Grammar, I've heard Sears seats mentioned as being good. QTP in Mullingar had a range of them in stock last time I was there...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cionn80

You could get a new compressor for your own seat if the rest of it is in good condition. Grammer are usually good with parts for their own seats

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mythos110

Give seatsystems.ie a shout. They can get parts or recommend a good replacement seat

Advertisement