Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOARDS RACING CLUB/SYNDICATE?

Options
  • 06-08-2021 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭

I wonder if there would be any interest in setting up a racing club or syndicate by Boards members.

To declare my own interest let me state that i am related to one of the pair who have taken over the yard of John Oxx,Currabeg Stables in the Curragh and i will be involved in having a share or two in a horse when they are up and running.

I am not sure if many (or any) would be interested but if 10 or preferably 20 people invested €1,000 euro we could have a lot of fun on racing days plus yard visits.

The only type of shareholding i would be interested in is one where a one off fee is paid to cover everything with no further payments.

Shareholders would be registered with Horseracing Ireland and would own fully any horse or share of a horse they would be involved in.

The period of time that the payment would cover would ideally be 13 months as that would cover the flat season on turf and the AW season.

At the end of that period the horse would be sold and all dividends returned to the members or the members would decide to keep the horse in training.

If this is attempt to generate interest in a Boards racing club is not considered within the rules please take it down and accept my apologies.

If anyone is interested and wants more information they can reply here or pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭alanbk

I’d be interested definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Of course it is all legal,go to Facebook and look at Yorkthoroughbredracing,that was the set up for syndicated before John and Jodi took over the yard of John Oxx in the Curragh,John is assistant trainer for the last 4 years to Roger Varian and before that to David Omeara.

They will be buying horses at the sales as they always do,they are fully registered with the Irish racing Board,will send you a copy of the old brochure before they took over the Curragh yard.

If we (Boardies) were to get our own colours we would have to have enough members in our syndicate to fund the purchase of our own horse.

I do not know if this is possible and we can wait and see what interest there is,it would be fantastic to have a horse running in our colours.

Hi guys,thanks for your interest i will post the contents of the prospectus when i get it but as i understand it the proposed syndicate costs might out of our league,they appear to be based on a 1/10th share of 4 well bred horses inc all fees,entries etc with nothing more to pay.

For us to get involved in that would require 25 of us to hold one of the shares,however the existing syndicate YTR is to continue in existence and it may be possible for up to 5 or ten of us to take a share of one in YTR.

I keep you all posted when things are fully worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hi Zimmer. Very interested - sent you a PM for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

Would be interested in hearing more about this too.

Nice piece in the racing post today about the new training operation in the Curragh in an interview with John

Hi guys I am trying to figure out if we have any chance whatsoever of getting enough for our own syndicate,I will be talking to John and Jodi in a couple of days and will explore all possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭marty whelan

Sign me up, shoot me a pm if this is going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭deeks

I'd be interested in hearing more about this as well.

• Advertisement

As interest continues to grow (albeit slowly) i am trying to work out how to make this work and i hope to have options up in the next couple of weeks for the consideration of those who showed some interested.

First purchase at the sales today for ODonoghue racing.

First purchase for the new trainer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Id also be interested

ODonoghue Racing bought two more horses today at the Horses in Training sale lots 246 and 318 and it is likely we will see them out over the winter months in Dundalk.

I think we might get get 10 boardies to invest one thousand euro each,that might get us a share of a horse when the yard is up and running and more horses are available for syndication.

This will take a while yet as the ODonoghues attend all the sales in ireland and the uk buying horses,i am hoping that there will be a few shares available for our sort of money.

This will not happen for a while yet and we will have to wait and see what is available,

When and if there is an opportunity to get involved with one we can look at whats on offer and decide if it is for us.

Advertisement