Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 Toll - Signage greyed out

Options
  • 10-08-2021 1:30pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any reason why South bound on the m50 the signage for the M50 is blanked out in part at the toll Bridge itself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

There is a new toll gantry about 100 metres more north than old one. My tag now beeps further north than it did in the past so it looks like the newer gantry is in use.

They have an identical sign on the new gantry, and they have grey paint over old one.

I assume it's newer better camera etc. and they installed it over the past year or two.

They had an issue with vandalism on old system with one guy brought to court for grinding the sensors. They had a security van there 24/7 for months and they seem to have new fencing and motion controlled security cameras to reduce vandalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes as above the toll has been moved northward by 1 gantry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That was off the head alright. He recorded himself doing it too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Makes sense. I see they've painted over the phone number North side too.

Cheers folks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Same lad went on hunger strike over the property tax, was fined for interfering with water meter installation, and ran for the Dail getting 92 votes. Attention seeker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

As a by the way, I noticed on a journey I made recently that the warning signs for the toll are AFTER the last exit you can take before the tolls, thus the driver has no warning that the toll is going to be charged until it's too late.

I have a tag so it suits me. But infrequent users or thrifty people may not want to pay the toll.

Should the warning sign not logically be BEFORE the last exit before the toll gantry?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

All the gantries on each approach have Toll written on them

Advertisement