Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst things you can say on your internet dating profile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I like a joint myself from time to time and sometimes keep a plant or two but yes advertising it probably isn't a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I love injecting heroin at least once a day sometimes twice. But I'm not an addict. I'm a multi millionaire self made so I can fund my habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

People declaring how obsessed they are with their pets. No wonder your bloody single with that obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I could never go for that either. pets like dogs and cats shouldn't be allowed in a house, pet hair everywhere, disgusting. she would likely allow them on the couch, in the car, in the bed even.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Cork accent. Boner goes soft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Probably anything really lazy would be the worst thing I think. Usually this would be linking to their Instagram and telling people to ping you on there.

I'm assuming you need to follow them to message them?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Heraclius

"avid boards.ie user"

Its many years since I had an online dating profile but it wasn't anything like what's been mentioned. I just wrote about the things I liked such as books and films and music.

I certainly don't think I had any rules regarding who should message me or not. Although there was something....I think it was along the lines of "if you are strange like me then send me a message". Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭Tork

Spelling mistakes would put me off. Alot, would of, inability to tell the difference between there/their/they're.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Fluent in sarcasm.

Always imagine them being an absolute head wrecker like that sarcastic priest from Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Back to OP question....

''Quite partial to a spot of anal'' 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

NCAD graduate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

What's wrong with studying Art? This thread is sanctimonious and bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭notAMember

hah!

Talk about proving the point. If you don’t even understand what the word means it’s definitely a pretty good way to weed people out.

No, feminists don’t think men’s rights activists are sexist. I mean, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The group photos are really annoying. A few people have the cop on to blur out their friends faces, but more often than not you're playing a game of where's wally. Photos with half the face cropped out is another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I've seen explicitly written (once) "Don't contact me if you think men's rights should be fought for." Also (different person) "Don't message me if your favourite author list is a sausage fest." Granted, these were on okcupid where there is much more room to reveal yourself as an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I love it when people on here are so single-mindedly blinded by the need to express their opinion that an obvious joke flies right over their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Put nothing on your profile as everyone seems to be annoyed or put off by something in a profile and don't bother with a photo as something about the photo will put someone off, however not putting any content on will annoy someone as well!

How can it be so difficult, be honest about your age, intentions, and only put recent photos up its not that difficult.

Only having "iceberg" photos on the profile is a serious 🚩

• Advertisement

In a world where freakin' cannibals can put ads online asking for volunteers that would rather like to be eaten and receive sincere replies, there is likely no amount of madness you could put on a profile that wouldn't appeal to somebody, somewhere. Then there is the fact that people lie online. With these factors in mind, I think a lot of the snooze inducing profiles, the ones that display banal predictable interests are actually designed to scream 'Normal' and to weed out 'weirdos,' (of which there are a lot). But then there's the fact that people lie online, so the profile that screams NORMAL was likely penned by a murderous psychopath.

Or maybe I've been watching too many YT crime videos... 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

When I was in a dating site I told most women that I’m not into travelling really , that I hate airports and while I like going on holiday once a year to chill out in the sun that I am really kind of a home bird but I do love to travel around Ireland as I don’t think most people have seen enough of our own country .

Youd think I’d rode most of their grannies by the reaction that got

go way and shite , so many people think they are so interesting really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

No matter what you do it won't be good enough for most people. Imagine if people were this fussy before online dating.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If people were as honest on dating platforms as they are on this site the whole thing would be a hell of a lot easier.

Of course, the pool of potential matches would be a hell of a lot smaller too.

Dating platforms, the list of traits, the pictures, the knowledge that there is someone else to consider immediately has led to incredibly particular users. How many real life, happy (or otherwise) couples do you know who like every feature about each other? But yet people rule out a potential match if a single thing they disagree with, or even how it is communicated is present.

Putting in pictures of kids, but saying 'the kid is not mine' is that so hard to navigate around? Saying that their children are their world? Is that not reasonable when you are responsible for children? If they were you children and your former partner was saying 'I have kids but I don't let them hold me back' would you feel ok about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The "my kids are my world" says to me, I used to have a life before I had kids, but I don't anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Worst things you can say on your internet dating profile

If you're me, literally anything, because nothing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

"If you can't deal with me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best."

Translation: I'm insufferable & unstable. I've made really bad choices in life & take zero ownership for them. Men keep dumping me. I bring drama & chaos into your life and hate my father.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

Activist - sounds like hassle, may stab me if I don't concur, I'll pass ta.

Love me weekends, Mad buzzer- will usually recover Wednesday-ish!

Cuddly- 4 stone extra since the profile pic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

On the 'fluent in sarcasm' thing, sarcasm gets far too much respect in our culture I think. Sarcasm is funny in small doses but is not a great form of comedy. I know a lot of my mates who pride themselves on their sarcasm but they lack the wit to actually make it funny.'

Advertisement