Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst things you can say on your internet dating profile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭notAMember

Feminism isn’t a sexist term. Never has been. What do you think a conventional male sex role is?

In case it isn’t obvious, I am a feminist. personally, I have actively been involved in positive changes for father’s rights (see recent changes to paternity leave, although not enough complete yet ) and also continue to discuss state pension changes to recognise father’s in an equal way to women. Equality , which is what feminism strives for, benefits us all. It’s not a war you need to wage between the sexes. Women having the right to work does not harm men.

What positive changes have you influenced?

(ps, You might might be coming across as scary/odd when you talk to women, if you speak the way you post. )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Women have had full equality in Ireland for a long time yet feminists have never saw themselves as busier,so busy they make stuff up like the " gender pay gap "

Feminism is an ideology

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BettyBlue22

Yeah, definitely lead with that. Such a catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Lots of what has already been said - but also when somebody looks very different in all of their photos, long hair/short hair, chubby/thin beard/clean shaven. Which one of these are you right now????

He/him/his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭notAMember

It’s October now, that was posted early August. It took you two months to come up with a comment demonstrating how you misunderstand a term in use since the 60’s. Could you have spent any of that time even googling it? Seems not.

I now see why people put it on their profiles. Pretty effective!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Online dating was only in its infancy when I was single and looking for me hole

Cant really think of much that would make them run for the hill because there's a foot for every shoe.

People make the mistake of trying to appeal to the popular idea of normal. There's no such thing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

My very favourite part of internet dating is when the wan has "Do not message with Hi/Hey" in her bio. You then match and the first thing she writes is "Hey".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

"When I said i was a positive person, I meant HIV"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That’s goes for both men and women I’m sure 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ok but, maybe controversial, do you really want to date someone with a hobby they adore. I have a 'hobby' and the fact is that in my life it comes second only to my child. It's not so much my hobby as something I consider an integral part of my life. I think about it all the time. I mean I'm not so one track that I'm not well read on current affairs, don't watch tv/films, can't hold a conversation on a variety of topics, don't have professional goals and ambitions, etc. But I spend a fair amount of my day either doing, thinking about, reading or watching videos about my 'hobby.' If I'm sick for more than a few days, I will sulk and fret about missing it. I also have a number of other hobbies, that are just hobbies, but I also enjoy them and spend time on them. If you don't share my hobby/obsession, you won't really share this part of my life. If you do share my hobby, I feel I'd prefer to avoid a sexual/romantic relationship as this is mine. I don't want to add the complications of a relationship to it. If you have your own hobby/obsession that would probably be best. You do your thing, I do mine. If we can occasionally join in with each other's things, that could be fun. But I'm not going to drop my hobby for yours, and I'm fine with you feeling the same. But it means that we have to each understand that those parts of us are going to take priority a lot. And our relationship is probably going to be shallower than most people want. That said, I'm not looking for a relationship. I don't not want one but I like my life as it is, between motherhood, my hobbies, dog and friends it's pretty full. I doubt I could realistically find a relationship with someone that would slot into my life and complement it without detracting from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

• Registered Users Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Any profile with that Marilyn Monroe quote, "if you can't handle me at my worst......".

Anyone who puts horsesh1t like that on their profile is a ball breaking headwrecker and the poor sap who ends up with her is destined for a life of misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Or when they state non drinker/non smoker in their profile but have a photo of themselves with a pint in one hand and a fag in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

One I see a lot is "No **** boys"

...translation: I have a past history of choosing **** boys and I would love to meet a nice guy, but ultimately still have a thing for **** boys cos I'm psychologically damaged. Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭HBC08

Haven't read through the whole thread but surely this classic has to get a mention...

"If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

If you just scrolled up 3 posts only about an hour ago!

Will agree though, it's just highlighting mental health issues we should try to avoid in a partner

Another one is "My 2/3/4 little angels are my world and god help anyone who hurts them". A few pics of said unmannerly snotbags for extra effect

Let them grow up then love, before you get involved with and introduce them to internet strangers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Not near as bad or annoying as the gimps that have "full time mad bastard" in their profile bio.

Usually their idea of mad is 2 straws in a bottle of bud and slamming it

Does that really happen?

And is the headwrecking Marilyn thing still in use? I thought that fizzled out seven or eight years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

The new Marilyn Monroe quote seems to be -

"If you can’t buy me a cuppa tea and put seventy quid petrol in my car once a month get out my life" - Gemma Collins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Where are all the good guys gone? lol

im no Kate moss lol but im real wot u see is wot u get xxxxxxx

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I respect people who can handle caustic soda. That stuff can give you weeping sores that take months to heal.

Once you've made up an alibi for getting it to make soap you can use it to dispose of bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,758 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

“ if you’d be more comfortable, i don’t mind if you bring your mother “

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭kerry_man15

"I'll bring my dog on the first date"....seriously....wth?🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I've never been on a dating site and reading through this thread just reminds me of the torment and BS I have been missing out on , I'm in a long term relationship but if ever I had of been single for long periods of time I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole I just find them insufferable, there's no real human connection involved in putting up an online persona of yourself - you never really know someone until you meet them in person and that , for me is how 'sparks' happen.

I've loads of friends who have used them and some of them have met great people on them , some have led to romance , some have led to absolute hoards of crazies and creeps - honestly lads some of the stuff you put out there towards women in DM's is horror cringe at best and borderline legal at worst, has self respect and respect in general gone out the window?

I know plenty of women who support feminism and yes sometimes I think it can go a little too far but I've also seen them vocally support men's rights , fathers rights and being a feminist doesn't make them bad people , in fact they are some of the most logical and balanced people I know - the issue is a lot of men still see feminism as a 'dark act' or attack on them , it's not... Equality in Ireland is in a much better place than it was years ago and in general women are treated as equals but taboo's still exist , sexism still exists both in the workplace and outside...equally men's right's are not completely balanced either and there is plenty of improvement needed that side as well...like anything in life it's down to the actual people themselves in how they express their believes and opinions not the opinion itself that will show who they are as a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Big and bubbly = fat

Curvy = fat

Athletic = fat

Slim = fat

• Registered Users Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I love to laugh - does anyone hate laughing?

Activist - probably needs a bath.

"Shopping" as a pastime.

The choice of pics as if there's a real problem finding a pic of yourself: really crappy blurry ones, one in a public toilet, one glugging a pint or a wine glass if a 'wine o'clock gurl', the ones with other peoples' faces scribbled out on MS Paint, one sticking your tongue out like an infant/golden retriever, sunglasses indoors, masked pics..

Grown adults that describe pets as fur babies, doggos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,758 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve never understood the fur baby or doggo thing...

DOG / CAT.....also you have saved yourself a whole 5 and 2 keystrokes on the above by just referring to the animal by it’s correct name..

Advertisement