Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Roast-brocolli-halloumi-pesto pasta. Rather noice, but not as healthy as I had intended. 900 calories, if my calculator isn't lying to me.

Post edited by Dave_The_Sheep on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 494 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Made some Mexican food last night. Chicken Tinga, Cochinita Pibil, Carne Asada along with some grilled pineapple salsa, salsa verde/rojo retried beans, black beans and guac and some corn tortillas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Not sure I have room for anything else.

The rest of the brocolli, hoi-sin glazed salmon, sesame-coriander rice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Brother made General Tso's Chicken.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 494 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Made some fried chicken and a potato salad with charred chilli, tomato and orange salsa topped with maple and cumin glazed pumpkin seeds

Teriyaki chicken, with some random veg I had in the fridge.

That fried chicken looks phenomenal, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We had Teriyaki Salmon tonight. The pic is from the other day, Carbonara with garlic bread. Two dinners in about 20 minutes each. I’m getting fierce lazy. 😋

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Made it to Mex West in Dingle the other day. Prawn taco's were unreal. Beef nachos were up there too.

Post edited by beertons on

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Also a big shout out to Pickle Rick's, Chicken & Bacon Ranch Burger was so tasty. Never took a pic of the burger, you'll just have to salivate over the menu.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Spice bag fakeaway tonight. With a nice shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Roast dins

Green bean/pea and potato/egg salad. Mustard caper garlic dressing.

Side note. Does anyone else find the image options on new Boards absolutely sh*te? If I attach the image directly, the size is tiny, as above. If I do what I used to do which was upload to imgur, it doesn't link to the direct image even if you supply the direct image .jpg link, it ends up like this which looks sh*te.

How are the rest of you doing it to get decently sized images?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Minced beef & mushroom pie. Comfort food. In August 🙄

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm on the laptop and copied and pasted the one above. If I add a photo that's been saved to the laptop it comes up sideways.

I haven't even tried to use my phone yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

All right then!

Something Middle Eastern.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

All pics look fine on my mobile…..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chicken Donburi with black rice, soy cured egg, avocado and pickled cabbage. Surprisingly easy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Tagliatelle Bolognese - well, the Italians on here will rightfully argue it's not a Bolognese sauce as it doesn't have meat in it. What it is is a slow-cooked veg, mushroom and tomato ragu. And what it also is is bloody tasty!

Seafood cocktail with salmon, prawns, avocado and tomato, with chips from our own spuds from the garden. :)

I wanted something warming, comforting and satisfying yesterday. So I decided to try a new recipe, Rajma Masala

It's a creamy, slightly spicy kidney bean curry and it really ticked all the boxes! We had some vegetable pakoras with it, and fresh chapattis

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

Blue cheese and bacon Bread bowl with huge croutons from the bread "lid" and steak on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I generally followed this : https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/rajma-masala-recipe-restaurant-style/

Though I did add in some dried fenugreek at the end, too.

The pakoras are made similar to this : https://www.rahema.co.uk/blog/sweet-potato-pakoras/

But I only used 1 onion. I did add some frozen peas and sweetcorn, though.

I'm just rubbish at following a recipe, sorry!

My husband doesn't really cook and when he does, he usually chooses a veggie option.

So today unusually he fancied a roast so I sent him to the butcher for a piece of rolled rib of beef, or failing that, a piece of brisket. If neither cuts were to be had I told him to ask for something conducive to long slow cooking.

The butcher sent him home with... round.

I did my best with it. I seasoned the joint and seared it, and then braised for a few hours in wine with garlic, mixed fresh herbs, carrots, celery and onions.

The result was tender with a delicious gravy...but God was the meat itself grey and flavourless. 😒 We did our best and served it with roasted new potatoes from the garden, carrots and broccoli but we've a mound of tasteless leftovers. 🙄

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm sure that that grey and flavourless leftover meat could be Mexicaned up in some way.

Good idea. I'll slice into strips and make fajitas with peppers, onions and a lot of spices. Thanks!

• Advertisement

We had teriyaki salmon with rice and broccoli. Dull af!

Advertisement