Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Just a sore arm after first dose of moderna.

Sore arm, fatigue, hold and cold during the night after second dose. Felt like a hangover but passed after 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭snowcat

Those who want their kids injected should have a long hard read at these side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭McGiver

Pfizer.

Dose 1 - sore arm, for 2 days.

Dose 2 - sore arm, for 2 days; the day after the dose extreme fatigue, felt a bit chilly or warm on the other hand at times but no fever, the appetite was great better than usual! Nothing else really.

I've more side effects from 2 pints then Pfizer. Stop scaremongering.

My ultra-healthy fitness-freak son, mid 20s, a covid vaccine enthusiast unlike me, has been experiencing severe nausea after daily exercise for 3 weeks since dose 1 of Pfizer. He has colleagues of his age who report the same. The dismissive idea that people are scare mongering about what I see as fairly severe side effects is utter gas lighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

i have an elderly relative who was hospitalised for nearly a month after the second jab of AstraZeneca. Had already had Covid which manifested as a sore throat, despite having COPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

Got the typical sore shoulder from the first shot. Also had some pretty bad lower back pain the next day along with some less severe, but annoying, neck and chest pain.

Day 3 now and everything seems back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

A bit achy the next day after Pfizer 2nd dose, and had a small fever (37.5-ish). Took paracetemol twice that day and gone by the evening.

Was made worse by the fact that our baby had an absolute rubbish night sleep the night after the dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Update from me: back pain is almost gone, however I now feel discomfort in my chest. It's not persistent or painful but uncomfortable and comes and goes during the day. It mostly happens on the left side. I'm now a bit worried that this could be myocarditis or pericarditis as these are known side effects of the Pfizer vaccine. Anyone else had this chest tightness/discomfort after the vaccine? If so for how long?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

Yes I had very similar side effects to you after my first dose including chest tightness/discomfort. All issues were 100% gone by day 4. Couldn’t hurt to ring your gp.

• Advertisement

You should not dismiss new or unusual chest pains at the best of times, vaccine or not. Call your doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Tango One

First dose of moderna, sore arm felt a little sleepy the following day but grand after.

2nd dose high temperature, woke up shaking, 2 days on feel like I have bronchitis.

Spoke to a gp and she told me that the mild chest pain and general muscle pains are common after the vaccine and she asked me to keep an eye on the symptoms in case they get worse. She told me to check again with her in 2-3 days if the pain is not gone.

He's likely had Covid just prior or just after getting the 1st dose. This sort of an immune reaction would explain it. Also, his immune system may not be in a good shape (fitness ability has little correlation with that). But the first explanation is more likely.

Again, confirms my hypothesis that people who have had Covid react very strongly to the vaccine. This is actually expected - any immunologist, I welcome correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

(m/30) Got the second Pfizer yesterday, approaching 24 hours now and can say no difference to the first one. Slight/barely noticeable soreness on the arm after on the day of the jab and seems relatively clear today. Took two prophylactic panadol before bed, maybe it helped. But all round, not as bad as I'd been led to believe, although it's clearly very different depending on the person!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I got Pfizer. Zero side effects on both doses.

Update: Had some palpitations this morning so went to the AE as today is day 5 after my first vaccine dose. Had bloods, chest x-ray and ECG done. All the results were normal therefore I guess the persistent chest pain is just a normal side effect of the vaccine.

I was very nauseous the day after my second Pfizer. Woke up, got sick, couldn't keep anything down for about 8 hours. Wasn't very pleasant but still worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

my partner got bad chest pains which turned out to be pleurisy caused by AZ 2nd jab. . Look up symptoms maybe the same thing? It’s possible doctors didn’t spot it in the xray first time around as this is what happened with my partner.

thankfully not life threatening and leaves no lasting damage. But the symptoms would make you paranoid.

• Advertisement

Did your partner also had blood test at the same time as the 1st x-ray? I'm asking because the inflammation would have been spotted by the blood tests even if not shown in the x-ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Pfizer 1: sore arm, gone within a day

Pfizer 2: sore(r) arm, fatigue for a few days but I get bouts of that anyway!

Side effects were minimal and no one I know has had anything more than the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Yeah she had blood tests done and doctors weren’t happy with first sample so sent a 2nd sample to lab. They finally came to the conclusion it was pleurisy after checking the X-rays twice.

she bounced back after a few days. Was a long 12 hour wait in A&E that day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

I don't know anyone inside my friends, work and family circle who got more than a sore arm and a bout of tiredness after the 2nd Pfizer shot. Myself included. Reading online you'd think you would need a month off after it.

On the other hand, I know a few people who had covid and most of them were in bits for weeks after it yet lots of people online say it's grand "shur you'd never even know you had it". Why would you bother with the vaccine.

I'm sure everyone experiences it differently but I tend to take everything online with a massive grain of salt when it comes to COVID. But, 100% would rather a shite day or two after the vaccine than COVID personally!

EDIT: Oh, and just to be clear. A reaction is normal. A vaccine is training your body to react to virus. It can feel rough, but it's a good sign your body is reacting and will be ready to kick COVIDs ass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

36 male, had Pfizer, sore arm after both that’s about it. Wife is 37 had hot and cold sweats for 12 hours after dose 2, other than that absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

I know one person who was adamant they were not getting the vaccine, we spoke about in work, couple of days later he got covid, got pneumonia off the back of that and has only just returned to work today after a month off.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Seeing as the title of the thread is "what side effects did you get..." it's going to be the case that a fair amount of posters will be those who did experience some side effects. From my circle of family and friends I heard of one person who took to their bed with a bad headache (fine by the next day) and two people who had flu symptoms for about two days. All after the first AZ dose. None of them suffered any side effects after 2nd dose. The most that anyone else had was a sore arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Tango One

I'm wondering is that what i have, 4 days on have a cough and that kinda heavy feeling on my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Exact opposite here - I know a couple of others besides myself that were fairly unwell after the vaccine, one was hospitalised. On the other hand I have 10 family members who had Covid, ranging from 70s to young kids. The 70 somethings had bad colds, my cousins had mild colds, and the kids had runny noses. Luck of the draw I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Ist Pfizer dose - sore arm, slight joint pain.

2nd Pfizer dose - sore arm, feel like I've had the sh*t kicked out of me and getting hot/cold every now and then. And a bit of nausea.

Advertisement