Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Planning Application options

Options
  • 06-08-2021 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to submit a planning application in the next couple of months for a single dwelling house on a site which, at best, offers about a 50% chance of planning being granted.

Given the quotes I'm getting through for a full planning service from an architect, and the uncertainty of success, I'm considering pulling together the application myself with my own rudimentary CAD skills, the ability to 'borrow' some designs from the internet, and a moderate understanding of planning requirements (I'm an engineer by training).

Eventually, I would like (and be willing to pay for) an Architect to be involved, but only when success is more or less guaranteed. With this in mind, would it be more advisable to:

1. Apply for outline PP, then if granted hire an Architect for design and full PP? or
    2. Apply for full PP with a template/example design broadly in line with my eventual desired house. If granted hire an architect and apply for an alteration to cover any changes?

There is probably a degree of false economy in my thinking, but it's tough to shell out €5k+ for such an uncertain outcome!!

Comments

Advertisement