Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Red light

Options
  • 05-08-2021 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light to ease or confirm the concerns.

I ran a red light in Tallaght today and just wondering how likely it is that I’ll get a dreaded letter in the post about it?

Silly mistake with a terrible excuse that I won’t even bother mentioning as it was still my fault regardless.

I didn’t run it by a whole lot, but the light was definitely just gone red a second before I crossed the line and it was at a busy junction. Very idiotic I know.

I didn’t get stopped or see any Gardai, and I’m not sure how widespread those red light cameras they brought out are. But just wondering if anyone else has had an notice for something similar without getting pulled over?

Driving myself crazy and paranoid over it now as it was obviously as avoidable an offence as I hypocritically criticise other road users of mentally all the time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭con747

Your best bet is drive through the same junction and see if the camera is even there, on a green light of course.

I only see 3 listed from 2019 in Dublin so not sure if any more in operation.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Cheers yeah I only see the same articles about the 3 in operation in Dublin from 2 years ago. Not sure if there have been any more set up since.

To be honest I’m not even sure exactly what I’d be looking for, I’m guessing it’s a grey camera on a pole facing the traffic light from the other side of the road or similar distance. Might take a look tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Where in Tallaght did this happen? I am in the same area and have never noticed any red light cameras around the place although you do see the sensors on the tops of the lights that some people mistake for a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

It was driving back from Citywest towards Tallaght down the Tynan Road (I think it’s called?), the road adjacent to the Luas track.

I actually didn’t notice any cameras and in my brain fart moment didn’t look for any either.

It was a close one but I did still clearly break the red, and it was a busy junction early in the morning so I’m afraid I’ll get a bad surprise in the post. Whether that’s due to a camera (as you say there may not be one) or a Garda that I may not have spotted seeing me.

Fingers crossed it’s a lesson learnt and no more than that. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I think you'll be OK. I am up and down that stretch on the way to Lucan almost every weekday and I don't believe there are any cameras in the area. Only enforcement thing I have ever seen is the Go Safe van parked either on Katherine Tynan Road (beside the LUAS) or along the side of Roadstone heading towards Lucan.

As you say, lesson learned but don't beat yourself up about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

red light jumping is endemic at this point because there's no enforcement. i'd be amazed if you get done for it.

Advertisement