Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 2.2D 175ps 2015 - rear discs & pads

Options
  • 22-07-2021 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering if you have any recommendations for Mazda 6 servicing and brake disc/pad replacement. My vehicle health check showed the rear pads (70% worn) and discs (due to corrosion) as recommended to replace lst summer. Its a year on and would like to get sorted as part of my upcoming service. On top of the service cost I have been quoted €480 for rear pads, discs and labour from a mazda dealer in north dublin. Have been very happy with the servicing at this dealers garage (I bought the car new from them back in 2015) but just think the price is a bit steep and to be honest its a trek and a pain getting there and back (I'm based in Deansgrange, Dublin). At this stage I'm thinking it might be time to consider a more local garage. Car runs great otherwise and I'd hope to drive for another 4 years before trading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭on_the_roots

This is a very basic and easy work for any garage and doesn't require anything special to justify a specialized dealer doing it. This price should include all pads + discs (front and rear), not only the rear ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Very expensive for comparison paid 290 for same on an avensis couple years ago.

Advertisement