Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi S-Line owners - Any difficulty with ramps/dodgy roads?

Options
  • 04-08-2021 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Ok, I realise this is likely a dumb question as I've seen plenty S-Lines on the roads here :D

I'm looking at a 1.4 TFSI A4 S-Line. Took it out for a quick test drive the other day, but the roads around the car dealership I went on are pretty good. I do plan on a second test drive and taking it into town over a few ramps, out the back road etc.

Just wondering if any owners on here ever had any problems? There are some ramps in town which are pretty big.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I have A6 S Line and no problems around where I live, Dublin suburbs. Roads pretty good but I do come across plenty of speed ramps but they dont cause any problems. Car not too harsh in suspension and happy to have the S Line even though I know the SE would be slightly better over them. Previously had e60 5 series and f10 5 series and no problems with them either, they were both m sport. Don't bottom out on ramps or anything.

I dont carry passengers very regularly over them and never in the back so that may be something to test. I remember I had a Peugeot 206 when a young lad going to play rugby with 4 to 5 90-100 kg lads in the car and that was a different story, so if you carry people regularly over ramps might be worth considering that on your test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Good shout. I wouldn't usually have much of a load in the car. Most of the time it'd just be me, or me, my wife and 1 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

A colleague of mine has a s line and if there is anyone in the car with him in a multi storey car park it scrapes going up each level ramp, very annoying problem as he regularly needs to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'd be surprised if that wasn't modified tbh.

An S Line isn't a bottom touching car. It has stiffer and very slightly lower suspension set than the other models. The notion that it's a bottom slam or even close to it is weird tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its not modified anyway , the guy is in his mid 40s and has it since new. The car park is particularly severe with the angles of the ramp but like yourself i wouldnt expect it to happen except i was in the car with him when it happened on multiple ramps in the car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Depend on what suspension is on it?

just because it’s an Sline doesn’t mean it’s low, you can spec different suspension setups.

I have 15 A6 Sline with I’m pretty sure standard suspension, I think there were 3 different setups you could choose.

you can see the difference in heights when it parked beside other A6’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sounds more like an issue in 1 specific car park than an issue with car parks in general. All unmodified cars should be able to drive on every road, you might need to be careful some places but that's the same in any car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Not 100% certain to be honest. I do plan on asking. Just going by the test drive, it seemed fairly low and firm. Looking at the pics here again, it doesnt seem that low... lower than other Audis I've looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If it's a standard S Line suspension setup then the suspension should be fixed and cannot be adjusted. It would need to have DCC (dynamic chassis control) in order to have adjustable dampers which were not standard on S Line models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I’m not saying the suspension is adjustable.

im saying you can spec standard suspension when the car is ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sorry I got confused as you mentioned 3 different setups in your previous post.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Optional bigger wheels could be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Have A6 S Line avant only issue I had was when I was at shopping centre, the front is pretty low. Parked and front went over curb didn't notice when reversing it pulled off my front bumper!!

Advertisement