Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOARDS GOLF SOCIETY CASTLECOMER AUG 7 12AM

• 29-07-2021 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

https://castlecomergolf.ie/course/

Well Lads and Ladies, They are coming at us fast and furious the last few weeks.

Our next adventure brings us to Castlecomer Golf Club Co. Kilkenny. I played it once a while back and I can still remember it as an honest, well kept, local club with some stunning holes. A real hidden gem. I will know by next Thursday if we have catering at the clubhouse. If not I can book something in a close hotel for food.

Teamer invites have gone out please accept/decline by next Thursday so I can confirm numbers with the club.

€35.00 is the cost on this one golfers. Revolut is the preferred payment as usual.

GOTY is hotting up nicely with me finally being overtaken by some real golfers. Remember it's top 10 and picks for The Ryder Jug so its time to get the finger out for some.

That's it for now Golfers.

Talk soon.

BREAK 80

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Macker1

I hoping to finally get out to my first outing since last year. The course certainly looks interesting and its always great to play a course for the first time. Just to check as it would be my first outing this year. Am I right in saying that the membership is €25 for those that didn't make the first outing ? Also how many events do you need to play in to be eligible to win the Captains Day. Does playing your third card at the Captains outing count ?

Trying to plan in remainder of the year in advance with work / other commitments. Be nice to catch up with the society.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Break80

Hi Macker.

Great to hear from you. I will take it up with the committee but I can see your point. With the reduced rota this year I would think once your membership is paid Captains day would count as your third outing.

I will confirm soon for you.

Break 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm on holidays next week and was thinking of going down to play here either Tuesday or Thursday. If anyone else is interested in joining me, then drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Macker I guess all cards are off the table with the way the world has spun over the last 18 months so we have to be a bit lenient with the rules. 3 rounds including captains day will be fine for the year that’s in it, especially with you being a long standing member of the society

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Looking forward to this one, as its another new course for me. Nice to knock another one off the list!!!

• Advertisement

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for getting back to me on the query....... To be honest I love playing Enniscrone so its great to see that's were Captains Day is happening. Time to start booking time off work where needed. 😀

Never played Castlecomer myself so really looking forward to it. Only a week away…….

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Can I get an early tee-time please Captain as Limerick are playing the All-Ireland semi-final at 5pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aleynaa

I can’t make this one unfortunately due to prior commitments. I’ll hopefully make the next one though- enjoy all😊

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

As late as possible for me please? I can’t leave here before 9:45 unfortunately and it’s a 1:40 drive for me.

• Advertisement

I will take a late tee time on this as well please.

Any word from the club on which tees we're playing Captain?

Also, does anyone know what kind of practice facilities are available on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snackbox20

Hi Space,

As far as I remember from when I played about 2 years ago, there was a putting green and I think there was a net near the clubhouse.🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snackbox20

Looking forward to playing this course too, a nice hilly trek 🤣🤣, but a lovely challenging track.

Nice overview on their website

https://castlecomergolf.ie/course/

My bad.

I will give them a buzz tomorrow to confirm.

Can you put myself and Slave out close together as late as possible please? We’re travelling together.

Lots of demand in the late slots Captain. Im happy to go out early and can make a start on the cards when i get in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm 50/50 on this one at the moment. Haven't accepted on Teamer yet, but will do by end of today.

Right Golfers.

We have 16 confirmed for this one so far. Anyone sitting on the fence please accept/decline on teamer by Thursday.

We will be playing off the white tees. I will confirm Longest drive and nearest the pin Thursday.

Payment of €35.00 plus €25.00 membership for those who missed the first few outings by Revolut please.

See Ye soon.

BREAK 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

Payment sent captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

The only practise area is a putting green there is a small chipping wedge range to the left of the 18th green but you have to use your own balls. Just to those on the fence this really is a hidden gem and a real cracker of a course one that will be remember for sure. I make a point of playing it once or twice every summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bit of local knowledge there B, can you be in my 4ball ;-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And i'm in. Will accept on Teamer later this morning.

@Break80 Apologies but a family emergency has cropped up and I won't be able to attend this event. Really sorry as I wanted to get back out playing with the society. I hope you all have a great time and score well.

Hi Golfers.

Timesheet for Castlecomer is

12.00 Ballyk, Spacecoyote, Ofally Medic.

12.08 A post punk, Golfnut203, Rainbow warrior.

12.16 SeveOB, boccey23, Concerned2.

12.24 Snackbox20, Kilth, Pakman.

12.32 CharlieIRL, Slave1, benny79, Break80.

N/P is on 9. LD is on 16.

That's it for now. hopefully the weather gods will be good to us.

See ye all Saturday.

BREAK 80

Nice one, looking forward to meeting and playing with two of our newer members

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Golfnut203

Sorry haven't got revolut account will pay in morning.

Hot off the press, results are in!

No 2's so the jackpot rolls over to the next outing!

Congrats to OffalyMedic, just pipping me for the victory 😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Congrats to Shauna on the win. Hopefully it makes up for getting pipped in Kilkea Castle and to spacecoyote for finishing 3rd. Thanks to Captain Break80 for organising and getting us to a new course.

Sorry I couldn't stay around afterwards but I was racing back home to watch Limerick in the 2nd half of the All Ireland semi-final. If anyone has a spare ticket for the final let me know!

Advertisement