Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat 500 or Yaris

Options
  • 31-07-2021 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

hi all,

looking for opinions on the best of these to to purchase, ideally brand new or a very recent model. needs to be automatic, hybrid versions hugely preferred.

key concerns are reliability, fuel economy and versatility - it would mostly be used for city driving but definitely regular motorway / national road driving also.

safety features also key as this would be for a relatively nervous driver.

would there be huge differences between the two in terms of insurance/tax?

I'm fairly certain the Yaris is the better option but just looking for confirmation from those in the know I suppose 😛

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I do like the 500, pretty funky little car but if choosing between the two I'd have to go for the Yaris. My mother has a 2016 GR Sport Yaris 1.5 hybrid, its been completely faultless so far

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd go with the Yaris, the entry level spec is hard to beat, includes reversing camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mortis43

Thanks both much appreciated.

A general question about buying a second-hand car. Is it generally more expensive to buy directly from a 'main' dealership? E.g: Getting the Yaris from a Toyota garage as opposed to independent mixed dealership? What are you paying the extra for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

500 more cute, Yaris more practical

its up to you OP what's important😙

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Generally, yes it is.

Main dealers most expensive, other dealers cheaper, private cheapest.

Main dealers have reputations to uphold, well established etc....will look after you better if there's a problem. Cars will be presented and prepared better. They'll also sit you down and make you a nice coffee in the showroom.

Other dealers generally won't. Private sales there's no comeback whatsoever. But you could still get a gem of a car. You'll still have manufacturers warranty if applicable and could bring them to a Main dealer for work if needed.

All the above is subject to the word I started with....generally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 mortis43

Thank you - very helpful.

intrigued to see how this will go as I have had terrible problems in the past with main dealerships! Definitely better deals seem to be had on Yaris' in independent garages. I'll do lots of research wherever I go anyway. Thanks.

Advertisement