Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pedals to recommend?

Options
  • 04-08-2021 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

I am looking at getting new spd pedals?

is there much difference between those pedals apart from the price?

1.Shimano PD-R550 SPD-SL 

2.Shimano 105 PD-R7000 SPD-SL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

I think only weight, the 105 ones are 35g lighter.

I have Ultegra pedals, not because I need them but because my bike has ultegra and wanted to keep it all the same. I've had 105 pedals prior to the Ultegra ones and noticed no difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Those are both SPD-SL, SPD pedals are different and won't be compatible with most road shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭ARX

FWIW, I got the PD-RS500s (I'd guess the internals are the same as the R550) and will be sending them back as one of them isn't rotating freely, so it doesn't hang in the correct position, which makes clipping in awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Both reasonably good pedals - personal preference I'd say, if you have a 7000 group on your bike then it's probably as good a reason as any to match the pedals up.

From a performance perspective - no difference.

Advertisement