Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are 2008/09 D5 Volvo S60s rare to find in Ireland?

Options
  • 01-08-2021 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello all,

Just wondering the above as I cant for the life of me find a first gen s60 from 2008 or 2009 in this country!

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Absolute nadir of new car sales due to the recession, so there wouldn't be many to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think they were quiet high on the newer co2 motor tax system which would have made them a less attractive purchase at the time. I think they were something like 1200 to tax annually anything that was registered after 1st July 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Bagpipe

:( so my only options really would be to import or settle for an S40 of the same generation?

Thats unfortunate. We cant have nice things in this country without paying well for them! 😟

Sorry for reviving the thread again, but any reason why there seems to be more s80s than s60s on the market? Or is it just a case of more s80s being sold back then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement