Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wing painting recommendation - dublin

• 03-08-2021 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Hi, I will need to get a new wing so will need it painted, any recommendation in Dublin?

I think I'v read good things here about Car Craft in Dublin 3 ?

Some further info - it's a '83 car metalic paint. So may need matching to slightly faded existing paint.

Any rough idea of costs - I will supply the wing off the car and fit myself.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭mk7r

Very few places will just paint a wing, it will never match. The side of the car and possibly bonnet will need blending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

As above, fit the wing then bring to the bodyshop. I've found Dennings to be excellent, but not the cheapest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Thanks for the replies, OK I'll fit it first!

I forgot to say in my OP I'm in the northside, so Dennings would be less than ideal location wise.

I think I'm going to go with Carcraft. When I posted the OP I thought the search function was gone (not logged in when looking) but a search showed nothing but praise for them and they are a 20 min walk from my office. I was there today and they will do it for E320 and he discussed treating the inside of the wing before I brought it up and other stuff that gave me confidence.

Thanks for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pecon

Try Paul at Artane crash repairs. I've used him on a number of occasions for small jobs on the family cars and he has painted a couple of classic bikes for me. I have always found his work is first rate and his prices reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Getting the underside of the wing rust proofed is everybit as importants as getting outside painted, and as has alfready been mentioned, the adjoining panels will have to be blended in. €320 ? that hardly include's fitting does it?, if it does, its a very good price.

Yes, I will fit it. I want to have a good look at the car while the wing is off at my leisure. And yes that includes blending too.

Advertisement