Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayor concerned gardaí 'not taking action' against 'illegal and unacceptable behaviour'

Options

Comments

I'd rather the crowd be drinking on the beach in Salthill than being pushed to house parties at the moment as many will be partially or not vaccinated yet. Also they generally stick to the one beach so easily worked around.

The council should be more focused on doing their own job - providing public facilities, toilets and bins. The bins in Salthill are full to capacity every day and there was queues of 15+ for the toilets at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

nothing will come of this,

just a politician looking for an avenue for publicity.

Hey look i'm a mayor and i'm doing something..... please remember me when voting next time.

Not a peep about the Roma mob who congregate in Eyre Sq, litter the place and make the town look like a kip.

Maybe start there Mayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Her Sister the TD went to the Garda station and demanded that they close down the off licences a few weeks ago when the crowds were drinking at the Arch and Claddagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

She should open a boards account, you see people posting all the time about how 'if I was in charge such and such would be illegal, all scumbags would be in jail, the dole would ve stopped completely, blah blah blah.'

But it's all Walter Mitty BS, implementing actual solutions is much much harder than lip service. You need manpower and money for one thing and the gardai don't have much of either.

I'll bet if someone asked her to go sort out a mob of drunken beach goers she's say she doesn't get paid enough for that, and she makes probably 4x a gardai salary when her paid expenses are included.

Sounds like she got a shock when she came down from the ivory tower and saw how the other half live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I agree 100% with your second paragraph.

You're 100% wrong in both your third and fourth paragraphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

She's well paid and has been well paid by the state for some time. She is looking for sound bites and not solutions. There are some serious tulips at council level in Galway and she will prove herself to be another.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The maximum a councillor could earn IF they claim all the expenses is approx 35K.

The poster I quoted was claiming that a Garda earns one quarter of that (around €180 per week).

I'm not saying I agree with what councillors earn but a poster just making up random numbers in order to get a bit of attention for themselves needs to be called out, especially as a lot of members who would know the exact facts and figures won't see this thread due to the current mess that Boards is in (I only accidently found this thread myself tonight).

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Issue resolves itself automatically in a few weeks with bad weather and vacinated people returning indoors. Not exactly a big task Mayor, setting up softballs already.

Advertisement