Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is the purpose of this thing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭stopthevoting

OK, I have found the answer to my own question. I found Chinese or Asian videos about it. Apparently it is to display your phone number when parked obstructing another vehicle. So if the other driver comes back to their car first they can phone you. You can click it open when you need to display your number and click it closed "for privacy" at other times. There must be a lot of double parking in China if they actually had to invent a device like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,346 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, when posting a URL, there's no need to quote anything from the question mark onwards. The data from the '?' onwards is tracking data to tell the website where you picked up the link (in this case, Facebook), it serves you no purpose. Most links you pick up from a Google search will contain the same type of data but it will work if you strip off the question mark and everything that follows it.

So this link will work just as well as the one you posted ......

https://www.mytrendyphone.ie/shop/baseus-moonlight-parking-257368p.html

Thanks, good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Could they not just write the number on a piece of paper and leave that on the dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

should go down like a lead balloon on dragon's den

• Advertisement

That's exactly what I thought. They don't even light up for use in the dark, although they are luminous for better visibility at night time.

There are many different products like this available. The description of this one, "parking number plate", was very confusing.

Advertisement