Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you handle this?

Options
  • 30-07-2021 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

I've been applying away for jobs.

I was approached about an applied for job by a recruiter who was going to apparently pass on my details to the hiring manager for them to arrange on interview.

In the interim, I kept applying for other positions, and luckily, I have secured a new job elsewhere.

The recruiter ( mentioned above) rang today ( presumably giving interview details for the other job). I missed the call and didnt get a chance to call back.

Should I call them next week, and explain I got a new job or leave it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just shoot them an email as a courtesy... don't have to give details of the new job if they ask.

You never know if you might need that recruiter in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Leave it, recruiters don’t owe you anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Just call or email. It's just decency to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭volchitsa

For the simple reason that you might want to contact that recruiter or even the company at some point in the future, better to end things neatly and tidily. Drop them an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

Nah your just meat too recruiters, if your happy stay, makes no difference they have no memory or morals, if you approach again all they see is the finders fee ! Bottom feeders the lot of them, a soulless job, tis funny ya see kids who were selling ice cream 6 months ago tell people with 10 year + experience they don't fit the bill, use them and toss them, don't feel guilty they don't...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It costs nothing to be polite and you never know when you might be able to use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Some are like that, some aren't.

OP if yours is any good, drop them a message. Or don't, if they aren't.

Advertisement