Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heli tape on a new bike

• 28-07-2021 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hoping to get my hands on a new bike soon, has anyone any experience of someone professionally helitaping a new bike? Is this something someone in the shop I’m getting it in should be able to do? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I did it myself, youtube helped me no end. Its a damp and nervy task, so I don't think a shop would do it to be honest, what they think is acceptable may be abhorrent to you. It was the 3M stuff I got, when you wet it (with washing up liquid) it means you have some time to get the position perfect, then you have to spend some time getting the air bubbles out of it, I also used a hair dryer to ensure there was no moisture left under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

If you can, buy a custom kit for the frame rather than a generic kit.

It's easy to do, just takes time and patience as you follow the instructions. Good kits come with the squidgy thing to avoid bubbles.

There is a business on Facebook (Dublin based I think) who does the fitting, I would imagine most bike shops would give you a "go away" price at the moment.

Worth it, spent £75 quid on the kit for my frame and it still looks great 3 years later (MTB).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i was going to ask what sort of bike it is, i assume an MTB?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Peeling1979

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Peeling1979

Cheers Saccades, might look them up if I can find them, any idea what they’re called? Not confident about doing it myself, might try it on my other bike first maybe 👍

• Advertisement
Advertisement