Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2016 Caddy leaking coolant

Options
  • 23-07-2021 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi just looking for some help , I've discovered small pools of coolant under the van the last few days . I've found it's leaking from a metal coolant pipe where it joins the engine block , obviously it's some sort of seal or o-ring . Does anyone know the name of that pacific pipe or joint , or what kind of seal or o-ring that needs to be replaced? Can't find anything online about the newer caddy's , not even a workshop manual .

(It's not letting me post any pictures )

Any help would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SilverMan101

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Hard to know if its just a seal or rusty pipe without seeing where it is and goes to

Plenty of things perish on german cars and more like plastic housings which failed.

If you open bonnet can you see coolant stains on parts of engine and trace it back.

What engine and year is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Might get some info by placing your reg and model in here to identify what it is.

https://www.mister-auto.ie/coolant-pipe/volkswagen/caddy/

Icons on lower left you can upload a photo from pc like one above i just did

Thanks for the reply and help , its a 162 so leaking coolant isn't a great sign .I've traced it back to where the pipe enters the block , very awkward to get at but I should be able to get it off. Wont be long finding out whats wrong then .

Also the turbo is leaking oil . It looks like it could be the fitting that's leaking however it does seem to be coming from further up , if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it . Hopefully its not too serious .

• Advertisement
Advertisement