Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peacock to launch in Ireland - free to Sky and Now customers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭larchielads

Doubt theyll be share theyre football coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just seems like more dilution of TV box set rights.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I wouldn’t expect any sports coverage on this one.

yes, effectively. A lot of Peacock’s stuff (pr rather, the NBC back catalogue) in the US is currently with Netflix or Sky here. As with other services, expect this to be centred around Originals at first.

Really, those promoting cord cutting as the salvation of TV may wonder if by the time you’ve paid for Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Discovey+, Apple TV+, with Peacock about to arrive, and probably still to come Paramount+, HBO Max (though probably not till 2025), and a version of Britbox (possibly with a different name and after issues with VM are sorted out), was that Sky TV or Virgin subscription really that expensive? All those €7.99s add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

All those €7.99s add up indeed. Or in the case of Netflix €17.99!!

I totally get your point about cables prices VS streaming prices. But right now I'm subbing to practically every streaming service out there, as well as Sky (mainly for its HBO/Showtime content) so price-wise its the worst of both sides right now. When HBO Max eventually comes along, I think I'd be happy to ditch Sky altogether. Not quite sure if I'd be drawn in by anything on Peacock........Its been a long long time since anything on NBC ever grabbed me.

Advertisement