Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best value online store for tyres delivered?

Options
  • 28-07-2021 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭

Need to buy a pair of Michelins. What's the best online store in people's opinions here for delivery? Will get them fitted by my local when putting car in for service.

Post edited by biko on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

tyreleader.ie seem to beat all others 90% of the time.

oponeo.ie and tyres-pneus-online.ie are another two main competitors in the market.

There are plenty more but these three should provide the best value.

None of these are Irish Companies, so delivery will normally take 4 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Post edited by mgbgt1978 on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Appreciate that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

It depends on exact tyre, size etc and number of tyres you want. Many offer discounts for more tyres or free delivery. Beware UK suppliers may be stopped for customs. Eastern european suppliers often ship cheaply by road so you could be waiting 2 weeks for delivery. I pick exact model tyre and shop around. Some have discount codes or specials week to week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'd haggle with the local tyre place - you might find that the difference including fitting is negligible.

I use fair deal tyres in Toughers, Naas and have compared online prices to two sets I got in the last year and both times the difference was under €20 a tyre, but his price included fitting and the waste charge, so feck all overall and no hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭gipi

eiretyres.ie were recommended to me for tyres for a classic car. They're a German company that ship to Ireland and delivery is about 3-4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Check out thetyrebox.ie they deliver to your local fitter, always suited me for well priced hassle free fresh tyres.

Advertisement