Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft flight simulator

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

The wife wants to fly over all over honeymoon destinations ( basically from florence down to naples via a few small towns and rome) really looking forward to it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I think I'll try SNN to LPL or DUB to LPL. A nice short hop that I've taken plenty of times that won't have me reaching for the time multiplier button 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

I'm thinking something simple like Shannon to Dublin via cliffs or moher and a few spots around that way that I love. Interested to see the level of detail they have around that part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,973 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fly up around Donegal do the wild atlantic way by air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

30 mins to go!

• Advertisement

if its real time weather i may have a problem flying around my own house if these thunder clouds dont go away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

27.5gb update required

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

27.59GB update for me here so i guess it will be another hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Fupping 27GB update 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got a 73gb update on series S. Might get to hop it tonight but imagine the servers will be hammered too.

• Advertisement

Got stuck on the loading screen with a full bar for a good while. Have had to kill the game and start again.

Edit: and now hanging on checking for updates...

Have seen on Reddit that people have been stuck on that screen for 10 mins but it is doing something in the background and just to wait and it will eventually move past it.

Yeah that's the screen I am stuck on. Plus that auto narration guy scared the be jaysus out of me on my headset.

Yeah, I thought I had actually turned on the Xbox narrator. Didn't know what was going on. 😁

I'm back to the loading screen now again at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

This is getting absolutely hammered server wise. Finally got into a flight and the level of detail looks like it’s not streaming anything whatsoever.

Is there anyway to spawn where you want on the map or do you just have to take off from the nearest airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

It seems to be very buggy, you have to plug in a mouse to do anything in the menus, the cockpit view seems to wander all over the place even when you're not moving the mouse or right thumbstick it just continues to pan around the cockpit which the PC version doesn't do. I'll just going to leave it download all the real world updates and try it again tomorrow...

I just pressed A on the map and it let me set it as departure and I spawn in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I have an original Xbox one. Will this run on it at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

Is anybody else finding the controller way to sensitive ? I think the joystick may be needed asap , there's not many available at the moment or sold out tho

OK seems to be running flawlessly for me now and it's Brill, flew around my house and surroundijgs first, then tour of Italy in an airbus then a speedy plane around Vegas and New York.

I'm a nerd for maps and this is just brilliant. Can't wait to get into the sim aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Not a chance, It’s a miracle it runs on the series S.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thought as much. More wishful thinking than anything. Time to upgrade !

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

Will it run on the series s. How many gb in total download.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

How is the joystick mate ? The controller alone is way to sensitive

Really enjoying the game it’s class. Im glad i went for an xbox over a ps5 so i could play it. The way it auto generates buildings is comical at times though. It will be a farm shed in real life and they generate a three story office building. Also some of the rivers could do with a bit of scaling back.

Just had a look in the marketplace and UK & ireland is down as a free world update. Its 6gb will see how it goes

I've tried downloading that but it keeps stopping, hoping it's just the servers under strain and nothing else. Wonder how much it will change for Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Very little unfortunately, only about 6 points of interest

I flew a Cessna around Clare today, the cliffs of mother look awful btw, the textures along the cliffs are all wrong. I saw my house which was nice, or at least a version of it, but a lot of other local landmarks were either missing or completely different so if you want to play this as a sight seeing game you probably won’t be too impressed

another Funny thing is that at night / dusk most of the roads have street lights so it makes places like the burren look awful

it’s not a bad looking game, definitely the most detailed and accurate terrain of any flight sim, but they over sold it slightly

Advertisement